Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Official Frank Mir Crow-Eating Thread

6K views 82 replies 39 participants last post by  coldcall420 
#1 ·
Frank Mir looked GREAT tonight. He's definitely taking his training way more seriously and his boxing HAS improved a ton.

I'm no Mir fan but he's got my respect. And if he keeps getting bigger he's going to be one of the biggest dudes at HW.

Did Mir earn anyone else's respect tonight?

#12 ·
Will he EVER beat lesnar again?

Hell no.

Think you're underestimating him. Not saying he'll beat Brock for sure, but he has a very good chance to win. If he comes in at 264 or 65 lbs the way he did this time I think he could strike and have a better chance on the ground than he did in his last fight.

I'll be rooting for him no matter what, as long as it's brock he's fighting.

#5 · (Edited)
he already had mine. Kongo just proved why he isnt even close to elite just like vs Cain. They gave Frank an easy fight one that didnt really make much sense to me but i wouldnt mind if they let him go take out JDS ;)

#6 ·
Ya he looked excellent I knew Kongo didn't posses much of a threat to Mir. People were just giving Kongo more of a chance because everyone (well don't know anymore) hates Mir.

Oh and BTW

Mir's 1st round victory over Kongo > Cain's Decision over Kongo

#15 · (Edited)
Mir looked awesome - and people need to respect his ability.

Everyone seems to forget that YES he got smashed by Lesner, but until he got controlled on the ground he was doing all right.

With regards to all the shit talking before the fight, the fact that you guys can't understand what he is doing is laughable.

He talks complete smack to get under the skin of his opponent, and in my opinion, it worked wonders with Kongo.

& Kongo "Mir best watch his mouth, I'm got to shout up that Big Mouth"

Yeah right, night night Kongo. Sleep tight.

Reactions: UFC on VHS
#30 ·
Still hate the guy. He looked impressive from what we saw. Even mentioning him facing Brock again so soon makes me laugh though.

#36 ·
Why? Mir deserves another shot at Brock either next fight or one after? Why try and put Brock on a pedestal, and act like Mir doesn't deserve it, Brock hasn't even laid the foundation to cementing himself at the top. People seem to forget he hasn't accomplished much.

Brock got the title via shonky route, the route that Mir would take now is way more legitimate.

Ps: CC good call on Mir with the boxing, I didn't expect Kongo to take that kind of shot.

#34 ·
Mir backed up every bit of shit he talked in this fight. You guys may not have like his shit talk but everything he said was either fact, or a joke that everyone took the wrong way and he decided to egg it on even more when everyone started bitching (dissing Kongo's english). Mir looked beast tonight I expect him to get even better he's still young.

#35 ·
I kinda feel bad for Kongo

He gets dissed up, mocked and just plain disrespected. Then he goes and says hes going to shut Mirs big mouth (Which I wish was the outcome) THEN he does that stupid turn thing at the weigh ins

THEN he gets practically knocked out and then chocked out till he wasn't awake anymore. Poooooorr dude lol

#43 ·
What kind of post is this? How old are you? Obviously it's your opinion, that's obvious and besides the point. I'm asking you why you feel the need to shit all over this thread like 5x now with a pointless post stating with no real purpose that someone you have never met but has accomplished 10x more than you ever will is inexplicably not a fighter, but rather a dirtbag... Grow up a bit. Unless you like coming off as a hypocritical douche.

You're doing the exact thing you hate on Frank for except the only difference is Frank actually backed it up.

#42 ·
I was thoroughly impressed, however there really wasn't enough of a standup fight to really judge Mir's standup. One punch doesn't really tell me enough.

We already knew that Mir's ground game was elite, and that Kongo's was amateurish.

Nothing too surprising besides that one punch.

#45 ·
At least we've now established that Mir has some seriously ******* heavy hands. I knew he did after his fight with Nog, and everyone is like "OMG NOG HAD STAPH STFU," but now against a perfectly healthy Kongo who has a pretty good Chin (took some really good shots from both Cain and CC) and pretty much put him out cold? I think we can say Mir's hands are serious business. I mean, he's not the fastest HW in the world by any means, but when they land, boy do they land.

#44 ·
What is up with all the Frank Mir hate? I guess people are still butt-hurt that he destroyed Nog! Frank did good tonight and deserves some mad props!

#50 ·
I really don't get the Mir hate.

He talks about his owns skills and his opponents flaws in a detailed and articulate fashion which I think a lot of people take as arrogance.

Nearly every fighter does this, however usually cliche filled rants about imposing ones will on an opponent, or "I'm gunna run right through him", "we gunna bang, man", etc.

He's building confidence, which is supreme before fighting. Anyone who can't understand this has never fought, regardless of the discipline.

Bottom line is he destroyed Kongo, is the second best heavyweight in the UFC and is building strength and size to fix the major disadvantage he has when facing Brock Lesnar.

He deserves tonnes of respect as a fighter.

#52 ·
Ok guys Mir won hands up to his performance! But we all shouldn't forget that these guys fight in the HW devison. Every shot like this can take the light's out. Should i call it a lucky shot from Mir :confused02: no i don't think so! I feel sad for Kongo but where was his defense??
Frank really deserves some respect now even from the biggest Mir haters, he did very well :thumbsup:

#53 ·
I respect him as a fighter, but hype or no hype I do not care for the way he comes off in interviews (not all, sometimes I do like the guy) and comments he makes.

He just rubs me the wrong way more often than not. I still look forward to his fights though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.