Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Is Matt Lindland outmatched?

• No, he'll do fine

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Yes, he's in for a loss

Votes: 10 62.5%

Does Matt Lindlnd Really Stand A Chance against Ronald "Jacare" Souza?

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Roflcopter 
#1 ·

Simple question here. I know Lindland is a powerful wrestler and he's faired well in the past against guys BJJ guys like Ricardo Almeida but personally I think Souzas power, speed, and craftiness on in the ground fight will ultimatly be way too much for "The Law" to deal with here.

Am I the only one who feels that this is a complete mismatch?

I've posted a poll. If you post in the thread let your vote be heard!

See less See more
#3 ·
I see this fight going in the the way of an exhibition of Jacares skills more than a fight.

Either way Jacare in the middleweight division is sick as this division continues to grow with talent like Lawler, Le, Radach, Henderson, and Shields to name a few.

#5 ·
You think either of them will resist the takedown though?

#6 ·
I think he'll do just fine. He may not win, but he's as good as anyone Jacare has fought, and he'll probably force a decision, at least.
I seriously doubt he'll be submitted, and he has much less to fear on the feet from Jacare than he did against Belfort.
Hell, Matt's standup isn't even too bad. Maybe he'd be better off trying to keep this one on the feet and working clinch, boring as that sounds.

#20 ·
I think he'll do just fine. He may not win, but he's as good as anyone Jacare has fought, and he'll probably force a decision, at least.
I seriously doubt he'll be submitted, and he has much less to fear on the feet from Jacare than he did against Belfort.
Hell, Matt's standup isn't even too bad. Maybe he'd be better off trying to keep this one on the feet and working clinch, boring as that sounds.
You remember he fought Mousasi once right?

#15 ·
What Are You Talking About

J.P. your post titles in threads with Kanto in them are awesome, hahaha.
What are you talking about khoveraki, I don't know what you mean.:(

Reactions: The Horticulturist
#17 ·
Matt Lindland was once considered one of the best MW's in the world to think he doesn't stand a chance against anybody in the MW division is just stupid especially a guy whose biggest win was over Jason Miller, a win over Lindland would be the biggest win of Souza's career. Not only do I not think Lindland d is outclassed I would go as far as to say I think Lindland is gonna win this fight.

#21 ·
Wow, I'll take a serving of crow, I figured Jacare had always looked great but he looked great against less than formidable opponents, last night he stuffed a TD from a greco silver medalist (albeit Lindland is done, he looked like shite.). Very impressive showing from Souza, now please let him or Hendo or somebody destroy Shields already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.