Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

EXCLUSIVE: “Rampage” takes aim at Joe Rogan and the UFC fakers

7K views 66 replies 47 participants last post by  Alienspy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hmmm since roegan challenges random ppl like snipes and myspace trolls i wonder if he'd challenge rampage

http://mmabay.co.uk/Story 03881.html
In an EXCLUSIVE interview conducted by MMABay earlier this week, former UFC light heavyweight champion, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson has taken aim at UFC colour commentator, Joe Rogan, saying he needs to find himself a new job, as well as commenting on what he describes as the fakers within the UFC.

Speaking about his imminent return to the UFC, the people he will run into and the controversial loss to Forrest Griffin last summer, “Rampage” said:

“If anyone says I’m not the champion of the UFC they need to come step in the cage with me. Joe Rogan, that guy needs to go get a new job. He needs to go back to being a comedian cos that guy’s so biased towards anyone who’s not a Jiu-Jitsu geek. If you watch that fight with the volume down it’s a totally different fight from when Joe Rogan’s big ass mouth is talking. I’m just on the outside looking at the UFC right now, I took myself outside the box and now when I watch the UFC I don’t watch the UFC as fighter from them, I watch it as a spectator and a fan but knowing the stuff I know from behind the scenes and I see some people making asses of themselves.”

“But me, I’m always gonna be the one who keeps telling the truth, I can’t fake it for nobody, it’s not who I am, I can’t fake reality. It’s just not the person I am. I just want the world to know when I come back to the UFC to fight my fights, you know who you are, you know your fake, you know you don’t like me, don’t try and smile in my face cos I ain’t having it. There’s no more Mr. nice guy. Don’t say nothing to me, don’t speak to me, don’t even look at me. Stay out of my way. Let me do my job, you gotta do your job and I ain’t got nothing for you. You know who you are, cos I know who you are.”

Jackson is set to return to the UFC’s octagon following a number of months filming the big screen version of The A-Team. It’s clear after spending a few months away from the octagon Jackson has a new perspective on life within MMA and has revealed he may hang up his gloves for good once his current contract is complete.

#5 ·
wow some of you guys really dont like it when anyone attacks the UFC machine.

#8 ·
I hate the UFC more than you might know. I watch the fights but hate their business practices and despise Dana but Rampage is being a bitch. He should stop talking all this crap and just fight. It's very simple. It's like when I was in high school and someone kept talking crap about everyone but didn't do anything about it. Stop talking and fight.

I respected him a lot when he just fought, and cracked jokes, but now he's getting on my last nerve and almost wish the UFC would just cut him.

Also I don't think he's being setup for a fall because he's the one talking all this crap. It's not like the UFC put a gun to his head and forced him to make these interviews and say all the stuff he's been saying.

To sum up what I've been saying, "He needs to stop talking, train, focus, and smash a fool."

Very, very simple.

#6 ·
Rampage seems to be having constant chronic PMS.

I fully agree with MagiK11, he needs to STFU and fight, because he's really annoying. If it's true that he's fighting Belfort, then good, because a good ass-whooping will serve him well.

#7 ·
dont u guys think he's being set up for a fall? Comeone ppl this is rampage he's never been the most articulate of ppl:D Who knows what kinda info he's privvy to and what ppl have said.

TBH i hope i beats belfort just for the simple reason that i dont want to see fighters who air their opinions (good or bad) to get set up for falls like this! This is exactly why i dont like the overt proprietary style of the UFC and its GWB'esque 'with us or against us' style

#15 ·
Rampage really seems to bitch a lot lately. It seems like once a week we are treated to another Rampage tirade about how he is treated unfairly or people dont respect him. Get over it dude, shut up and fight. I find it really hard to respect that guy these days. If you have such a big ass problem with the UFC, then dont fight. If Rampage didnt fight, a year from know no one outside of the hardcore fans would give to shits about what he was doing, unless by some miracle he becomes an acutal movie star. Either way, his impact on mma hasnt been so huge that the majority of the fans are gonna be terribly sad if he never fights again. Between TUF and the comments he has made since it aired, he is looking like a very unlikeable person that has some serious issues with insecurity.

#16 ·
Its MMABay guys, it really reads like a pissed of fan wrote it, its not coming from rampage's mouth. The whole Joe Rogan thing and watching the fight without the volume, isn't that what some of us started doing after the lyoto shogun fight?

MMABay allways post these EXCLUSIVE MMABAY interview and its always BS. Better we ignore this.

#22 ·
why the hell do people have a problem with this, he says he just wants to do his job and not interact with anyone who he doesn't like.
He was asked a question he answered it, how is that running his mouth? He's not even being disrespectful to another fighter.
Just cause he doesn;'t want to be the UFC's poster boy you rip him? don't make sense, people are way too sensetive

#23 ·
why the hell do people have a problem with this, he says he just wants to do his job and not interact with anyone who he doesn't like.
He was asked a question he answered it, how is that running his mouth? He's not even being disrespectful to another fighter.
Just cause he doesn;'t want to be the UFC's poster boy you rip him? don't make sense, people are way too sensetive
No, we rip him because he stopped being the fighter we respected. It seems that since his post fight ridiculous exchange of words with Rashad in the octagon ("There gon' be some Black on Black crime"), something crawled up his ass and made him start his period or something.

And yes, I do believe that Belfort can and probably will beat him, because Rampage lost his hunger.

#25 ·
Psychobabble...imaginary demons...twisted logic.

Jackson is an ungrateful, dimwitted whackjob!

#28 ·
TBF, this "news" is probably not true and i don't think Rampage has done alot of whining, more of telling the truth and being bitter at the same time. I think alot more of the hate he gets now is because other people are hating on him and want to follow the majority.

#33 ·
joe rogan's is quite biased sometimes i gotta admit and i love his comedy (which is quite irrelevant to this) but its not like what he says makes judge's descision different.

If you dont like it your tv has a mute button, you dont gotta listen to him.

#34 ·
Hmm, and what does the fact Forrest has a better BJJ game have to do with the fact he picked you apart standing and chopped your leg right out from under you?

#37 ·
It's true that Rogan is biased some times but then again everyone who is a fan of the sport is somewhat biased because we all like different fighters. I thought I heard he was fighting the winner of Rashad vs. Silva? Whoever he fights he better train his ass off so he doesn't look like twice the bitch that "lost" to Griffin.

#41 ·
Agreed. Rogan is one of the most biaist commentators I've ever listened to. But what I don't understand is that Rogan hugged the nuts of Rampage, saying he should be a comedian and that he's incredibly gifted and what not, so why the hate? Anyone know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.