MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - My thoughts on Strikeforce's card last night...*spoilers*

View Single Post

Old 12-21-2009, 04:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
_CaptainRon
Bantamweight

_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all
Jacare looked phenomonal. Is he that good or has Linland just faded that much, or both?

I love the lightweight division and Gil and the Punk showcased why. I enjoy the hell out of some Strikeforce, but who wouldn't want to see both of these guys sign with the UFC? You could make an argument that either of the two would be in the top 5 of the division, and just imagine all the badass matchups.

King Mo... is he ready for the gigantic step-up in competition and face Mousasi?

Lastly, watching Cung Le's standup is so entertaining. It's refreshing to see brilliant strikers like Anderson Silva and Le. It gives us a glance at what the future of striking in MMA holds for us, but Scott Smith... again?!

This is the kind of card that would have been great to have been shown on CBS. Sure, it doesn't have the one HUGE main event fight, but it was highly entertaining, and would have helped gain fighter recognition to build contenders under the Strikeforce brand.