Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

3 Round, NON Title Fight at 67 ...

2K views 53 replies 35 participants last post by  AnMMAFan 
#1 ·
#2 ·
yeah what a joke, first you win tuf so you get your title shot and the bum cant even make weight???? wtf is this??? I would never bring this guy back to the ufc. Im so pissed right now because this has just become a pointless fight. Silva can lose keep the belt and not have to worry about workign back up the ladder because he is still gonna be the champ. Way to go lutter kill yourself one ****ing pound bullshit

#5 ·
you won TUF. does that mean you deserved a title shot? the answer is no. the title shot was a gift to you and you blew it. wtf were you thinking? drop the weight. you're a fighter, dropping weight should be a been there, done that kinda thing.

sorry i just had to rant again.

#8 ·
nprussell said:
Also -- is it that hard to lose 2 lbs. in an hour? How does that happen? anyone have any knowledge about that?
I thought the same thing at first. But the guy probably spent the last couple days trying to cut. He would have been so dehydrated, that he had nothing left to lose. You can only lose so much water weight.

Regardless, he knew he was fighting for the title since back in Novenber when he won TUF. He had 3 months to prepare. He has no excuses. He really f*cked over the UFC by not making weight. They now have a card without a single title fight. PPV numbers are going to suffer because of this.

#11 ·
Probably just messed up his timing. He could have been completely depleted @ 187. Making his odds of losing another 2lbs in 2 hours next to zero, sucks but I won't jump to conclusions for no reason. Maybe he was working extra hard with the weights and training and ate more. I only care about his performance and we don't need 5 rounds to see that.

#12 ·
Wow...first the Serra & St. Pierre title match is cancelled, and now this. I thought All or Nothing was gonna be a HUGE event. I mean it still is with two debuts, but its definitely not what I used to think of it.

They should make the Rampage or Cro Cop fight the main event because Lutter just showed that he is not main event material. Not making weight with all the time he had to prepare...what a dissapointment.

#13 ·
Its Joe Riggs all over again!

One freakin pound! I kind of sympathize with Travis Lutter! This man has a really hard time cutting weight! He had the same problem just when he was about to face Patrick Cote. He was tired and dyhdrated and it really showed. I literally thought he was going to lose that fight with Cote because of it. He's doing something that works with most fighters whose bodies can withstand dyhdration and lose those pounds easily, but obviously doesn't work for him.

#16 ·
kds13 said:
you won TUF. does that mean you deserved a title shot? the answer is no. the title shot was a gift to you and you blew it. wtf were you thinking? drop the weight. you're a fighter, dropping weight should be a been there, done that kinda thing.

sorry i just had to rant again.
You are right on, these guys are supposed to be professionals, this guy was training for a championship match with huge implications WTF was he thinking is an understatement. This was not some pre-lim match but the Main Event, Lutter lost alot of respect from me. Well that's my .02

Reactions: kds13
#17 · (Edited)
Way to go, Travis.

You know, when you have a once in a lifetime opportunity like this, you better make sure you grab a hold of it. Travis Lutter will probably lose, but this fight is basically worthless now. I seriously just don't care about this anymore. I bet Dana is fuming right now.

#18 ·
I'm so mad

Can't believe this. Lutter busts his ass on TUF to get a title shot even though there are several other MW's who are more skilled than him and he doesn't make weight.

Now I don't know if he is EXTREMELY dehydrated or what, but I used to wrestle and could easily cut 2 lbs in 2 hours, and that was after I was already 20lbs below my natural body weight. AND I wasn't fighting for a UFC title.

I just don't understand how someone earns this oppurtunity and doesn't prepare well enough ahead to avoid something like this.

Good thing I'm watching it mainly to see Mirko knocks Sanchez's head off

:mad:

#19 ·
harr3929 said:
Can't believe this. Lutter busts his ass on TUF to get a title shot even though there are several other MW's who are more skilled than him and he doesn't make weight.

Now I don't know if he is EXTREMELY dehydrated or what, but I used to wrestle and could easily cut 2 lbs in 2 hours, and that was after I was already 20lbs below my natural body weight. AND I wasn't fighting for a UFC title.

I just don't understand how someone earns this oppurtunity and doesn't prepare well enough ahead to avoid something like this.

Good thing I'm watching it mainly to see Mirko knocks Sanchez's head off

:mad:
It was absolutey the chance of a lifetime and this idiot does'nt make weight, he's had three months to get down to the weight, screw the 2 hours. These guys are so called professionals...yeah right:laugh:

#22 ·
Lutter is an idiot. He missed an opportunity of a lifetime because he could not make weight.

He was saying how confident he was that he could beat Silva and everything, but he can't even beat the scale. God, this pissed me off ... Lutter fails hardcore now, I expect to hear a lot of boos from the crowd.

#23 ·
It's disrespectful to Silva, Zuffa, and the fans. This was a fight I was looking forward to, but without the belt being on the line, I just don't care. This is a slap in the face. Riggs messed up, but atleast he had an excuse(Being a replacement for Karo). Travis Lutter has no excuse.

#24 ·
As I posted elsewhere...

Wow that is so pathetic I can't even beleive it. A chance of a lifetime like this and he can't lay off the burgers? Didn't he try cutting earlier to make sure he could do it??? Does Lutter get a second shot? Pathetic. :thumbsdown:

#25 ·
Damone said:
It's disrespectful to Silva, Zuffa, and the fans. This was a fight I was looking forward to, but without the belt being on the line, I just don't care. This is a slap in the face. Riggs messed up, but atleast he had an excuse(Being a replacement for Karo). Travis Lutter has no excuse.
For once I agree with you...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.