MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Diego Sanchez vs. Matt Hughes

View Single Post

Old 02-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Combat_HapKiDo
Amatuer

Combat_HapKiDo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I've never been a Diego fan but I've come to respect him a lot after watching his last series of fights. He's very opportunistic and is very hungry - this guy really wants a title shot. His KO of Riggs by knee was perfectly timed - he nailed him just after Riggs got off of the floor.

I'm also not a Hughes fan either but I give him a lot of respect for what he's done in the WW division - 42-5 is no slouch of a record....but, Hughes seems to have lost a step or two in his last two fights. Now, maybe that's because he's was complacent and just thought he would always be able to figure out how to win. Maybe he can pull it together and get back in winning form, that's certainly possible.

However, I think I have to go with Sanchez for this fight - he's just hungrier and I see him improving dramatically everytime he fights. And he's always in awesome shape so I don't think Hughes can wear him down. Anyway, it should be a helluv a match, and a very close fight.
Combat_HapKiDo is offline   Reply With Quote