MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - takedown

Thread: takedown
View Single Post

Old 02-03-2007, 01:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Steve-d
Bantamweight

Steve-d has a little shameless behaviour in the pastSteve-d has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Because I'm not very tall and don't have very long arms I'm really big on clinches. If I catch a body lock on someone I prefer hip throws from there, but if your opponent keeps backing away from you so you can't get yourself through their center of gravity then I like leg trips.

My shots are really not very good, because I'm not a wrestler (never was). I also don't really like the idea of getting kneed in the face, but some guys shoot alot faster then I do, so it's not a problem for them.

If you're trying to get past that whole "pushing your opponent to the ground" phase, watch some of Karo Parysians takedowns and throws and try and pick up some of the points there. Or you could go a step farther and take a judo class.

I don't really have any advice for wrestling. Not my forte.
im almost exactly the same, my favorite would to be to go for the clinch and with my right hand controlling the neck take my left hand and grb behind their left ankle and tkae the lgeg and drive forward.

landing into a side mount. other then that i rather drive into the cornor (we train and fight in a ring) then go to the double leg from there. i know plenty of other take downs but these are the ones that work for me.

Steve-d is offline   Reply With Quote