MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - nervous about joing a gym

View Single Post

Old 01-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
dirtnasty
MMA Fanatic

dirtnasty is an unknown quantity at this pointdirtnasty is an unknown quantity at this pointdirtnasty is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same problem, but when i decided to join it took about 2 weeks and i was talking to everyone there like they were my friends that i grew up with. Granted everyone was a lot better than me, but no one every acted like they were superior because they were a blue or purple belt instead they tried to help me improve.
Training in a Martial art is much different than every other sport and i've played quite a few. At the gym its not everyone is the same age or even from the same town or city. There aren't going to be like groups or anything like that everyone trains together it is a much different atmosphere from college or high school sports. On few occasions did many of the people who train there even know each other before they started training. I found it to be a very acceptive environment.