Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC 108 Bonuses

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  SUR1109 
#1 ·
Fight of the Night — Sam Stout and Joe Lauzon
Submission of the Night — Cole Miller
Knockout of the Night — Paul Daley
Each fighter received a $50K bonus.

As short as it was FOTN for me was Miller/Lauzon.

Daley shouldnt have gotten the bonus for not making weight (AJ @ 106 anyone?)

#8 ·
Plenty of great KOs without having to give it to Daley. Why not always come in over weight against an already-small opponent, the 25k will more than make up for your 10% docked pay.

JDS should have gotten it, after taunting Gilbert twice than knocking him out in two minutes... :praise01:

#11 ·
This just in, Bisbing demoted!....UK's new poster boy Semtex Daley!...

okay Im just kidding... but I'm sure that's what contributed to UFC giving Daly the bonus. Daley is without a doubt a solid striker with any of the top tiers of the WW division if you wanna trade with him. However his hype train will soon end when he actually fights a solid more complete all around WW in Kos, Fitch, & heck I'll even say Lytle... once they get him to the ground it's a wrap.. There's no need to mention in the same sentence as GSP ever..

#12 ·
daley wasn't givin the extra hour to lose the 1 pound..i'm sure if they allowed him, he would have lost that pound...i don't consider him in the same catagory as alves and antoney johnson.....give him that allowed extra hour to lose the pound, and he would have lost it.

he deserved the bonus, but it could have went to dos santos as well...both were beautiful KO's.

#14 ·
He was only 1lb over, I don't think it gave him a big advantage to be honest. If 1lb really mattered that much, then Hazelett shouldn't be coming in 2lb under.

I think Daley had cut a lot of weight already, and the docs must've thought it wouldn't be healthy him trying to lose anymore. You'd have to do 4 times the work to lose the same amount of weight. He would've been completely dehydrated anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.