MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What is a takedown worth?

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
AceCombat
Flyweight

AceCombat is a jewel in the roughAceCombat is a jewel in the roughAceCombat is a jewel in the roughAceCombat is a jewel in the roughAceCombat is a jewel in the roughAceCombat is a jewel in the roughAceCombat is a jewel in the roughAceCombat is a jewel in the roughAceCombat is a jewel in the roughAceCombat is a jewel in the roughAceCombat is a jewel in the rough
Mainly octagon control, I suppose; if a fighter is able to dictate where the fight takes place on a consistent bases, then that is worth gravy in the judges eyes. And while I agree that Thiago did the most damage in the third round, the MMA aspect of Rashad outgrappling Thiago the entire fight (to which I was surprised, Rashads wrestling looked great) is also worthy of some clout.

I will say that If Rashad fought Rampage with that same gameplan (though he probably wouldn't) he would have completely gassed by the third round if he wasn't already KO'd by then.