MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What is a takedown worth?

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
BobbyCooper
Banned

BobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkdot View Post
Rounds 1 and 2 were correctly scored 10-9 for Rashad, he controlled the fight with takedowns and wrestling but failed to do any damage. However judging in my opinion needs more nuance then the almost standard 10-9 result. You could make the argument that round 3 could have gone 10-8 for Silva since he clearly had Rashad hurt with rashad failing to do anything significant in return wich would make the fight a draw.

Im not saying thats how the fight should have been judged, in this case I would be equally content with 29-28 as with 28-28 decision, I see arguments for judges going both ways, however id like 10-8 to be a much more common result in judging. That would allow more fair scoring when a fight has two close rounds for fighter A follow by a dominant round for fighter B for example.
Exactly, thats what I mentioned in the pre/post fight Rashad vs. Thaigo thread. Judges should be allowed to score a 10:8 for such a round like Thiago did, even through I have to admit that he must have been doing a littel bit more to get 10:8. The half point scoring systeme would be fine. We need someting for the judges, it can't always be 10:9! Judges are afraid of giving a 10:8 round wich shouldn't be the case and wich the half point scoring systeme would help to fix.
BobbyCooper is offline   Reply With Quote