MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What is a takedown worth?

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #36 (permalink)
Shoegazer
Bantamweight

Shoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant futureShoegazer has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
They are, but not in this fight. Thiago didn't get the oppritunity to land anything outside of a 1 minute flurry in the 3rd. Hence, mission accomplished for Rashad.
Ah, but see, that's the problem for me...Rashad does 1, maybe two decent slams in a round and then is content to just negate Thiago's offense via LnP and clinch to kill the round. Never has Thiago in real danger. To me, it's more of a "fighting not to lose" strategy as opposed to "fighting to win". To me, this is not compelling. To me, the winner should be the guy who 1) inflicted the most damage, 2) had his opponent in the most danger (KO or submission, 3) made his opponent tap out, or 4) any combination of the above and I want to see a scoring system that can reflect this.

My head agrees that Rashad outscored Thiago. My gut tells me that Rashad didn't actually win that fight. That's the best way I can explain it.

Ok, I'm spent on this topic.
Shoegazer is offline   Reply With Quote