MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - **Possible Spoilers** - Should all UFC Main Events be 5 rounders?
View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
The Lone Wolf
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
In a 4 rounder, what'd happen if both fighters win 2 rounds?

It'd only increased the number of draws in MMA (UFC) and I dont think it'd be good for the fans and the fighters.
I'm not one of the folk that believes there should be 4 rounds, i only created the poll. You'll have to ask someone else for the answer there.

Originally Posted by TheGreenMachine
I bet you are one of the guys who think Thiago would have magically pulled off something if it went 2 more rounds right?
I dont believe any of the fighters are versed in magic. But since you ask, i believe Silva had the momentum, and Rashad would have tried to take him down and squeeze out a decision. Having said that, i think each fighters gameplan would have been different had it been a scheduled 5 rounder, as would their cardio. And i dont think i ever said that 5 round fights wouldnt go to a judges decision. What i did say is 5 round fights give the fighters more opportunity to finish the fight decisively.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome