MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Thoughts on UFC 109 ?

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2010, 11:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mjr
Bantamweight

Mjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level nowMjr is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carson View Post
I really do not like the main event at all.

Maia vs. Miller is the fight that stands out for me. I'm pumped for this fight for some reason.
Yeah I am looking forward to that fight. This may be an over-reaction but I feel like trying to sell us Couture vs Coleman is a slap in the face to all fans. Although come fight time the UFC will hype the hell out of it and everyone will forget just how irrelevant this match up is.

I feel as though the UFC is saying "we can hype anything we want to" It puts me off the UFC a little bit and makes me hope that Strikeforce can keep putting solid competition down to make the UFC raise the bar and stop throwing us these crap main events.

It's a good thing they have a solid card otherwise, because the main event really belongs as one of the first fights televised. If only the UFC retained Henderson then you actually have a name to put as the main event.

Pumped to see Nate fight also!
Mjr is offline   Reply With Quote