MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Gonzaga vs Dos santos add to fight night 21

View Single Post

Old 01-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
khoveraki
ROCKET FISTS

khoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renownkhoveraki Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diokhan View Post
Ya Im worried this'll happen. I really wanna see JDS on his back against Gabe though, because that'll be the position he'll spend alot of time vs. Brock, Carwin, Mir and even Cain if he can't get back up.
Basically he isn't the biggest guy in the division, he has no wrestling background and "only" brown belt on jitsu. So Im really curious to see the weaker side of his game in action.

With that being said Im hoping Cain beats Nog so we'll see JDS in title fight sooner. I don't think that Nog has anything to offer vs. Brock or Mir while JDS atleast has a chance to drop them standing.
Agreed, I'd love to see Gonzaga take JDS down. Gonzaga's only take-downs are based entirely around intimidating with strikes though...

Cain and Gonzaga are really bad stylistic matches to take JDS down, because Velasquez eats too many shots before he can secure a double leg and Gonzaga needs to threaten with kicks/jabs to get a take down... stylistically speaking, Carwin is more likely to take JDS down. But here's to hoping we'll see some great ground fighting!

As for writing off Napao... I don't personally think Gonzaga would last two rounds against Yvel, let alone JDS.

sig credit to Limba

lobster train.
khoveraki is offline   Reply With Quote