MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Daley: I'll never fight my mate Dan

View Single Post

Old 01-14-2010, 04:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
SpoKen
Super Heavyweight

SpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
There is no other sport in the world I can think of where "friends" refuse to compete. There's is no boxer on this planet who wouldn't fight his "friend" for a belt. I hate it.

For all the focus on the violence and crudeness of MMA by the anti-MMA establishment, its shit like the above that makes the UFC look more unprofessional than anything else.

Not to mention the legalities of a betting sport having so many competitors ( if they can call themselves that ) being buddies and actually affecting match-up decisions... in a one-to-one sport!

This is not good gentlemen and ladiemen. Its not "sport". It's bullshit. If left unchecked it'll lead to friends giving half-arsed performances which will lead to betting corruption quicker than you can say "we wont knock each other out"

EDIT. Thats 5 WW's, 5 LHW's and 2 HW's that have now made "no fight" rules. All top rankers. How is that right?
So your saying you would beat the living shit out of your best friend and give him a concussion for money? I couldn't do it.

Sweet sig by Life B EZ

I feel like I get paid way to much money, but not enough -Nick Diaz
SpoKen is offline   Reply With Quote