MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - This place is a joke...

View Single Post

Old 01-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
WouldLuv2FightU
I eat babies

WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_D View Post
Tbh honest I kinda agree with it, its their business why should they want people coming into their business to make money. plus I think it is also just a situation of convenience for members not to have to travel to another site to read the blog/article why is it so hard to just post the whole article in the opening post? honestly im not posting this to start an argument or anything just posting a different view on the subject, what it truly comes down to is it's VS's forums if they said people could post just the link or half a blog I would say ok good ta know if they tell me not to let people I do the same thing and say ok good ta know, its their website and they just allow me to post on it is the way i see it in which I gladly do so for I love it here and allot of the people that post here including yourself even though you dont think to highly of me at the present moment but I am used to that from people I like on here lol.

Articles are not in competition for their earnings for this site. This site doesn't have an article section so that's not how they make money. In fact, if it wasn't for people writing articles on other sites, this forum would be boring and empty. Article sites need forums for exposure, and forums need article sites for content. They are SUPPOSED to work together, that's how the internet works. It's a community. But Vertical Sports takes the unethical route and just wants to hog all the traffic so they can collect AdSense revenue from Google Ads.

There's no real logical reason other than pure greed for them to force members to not view other sites. They make a ridiculous amount of money and all they have to do is sit back and wait for people to click ads (meanwhile you mods and us members are doing all the leg work for NO PAY). The longer people are on their site the more chances they have to get ad clicks. But people are on this site 24 hours a day, constantly. To have about 70 members (this is the amount of page views I got from this site) take a few minutes to read a UFC related article is not going to affect them in any way shape or form.

My favorite reason they want us to post the whole article is because it pretty much guarantees that each page of that thread will contain relevant, high-paying ads, due to the mass amount of keywords that are going to be copy and pasted onto the first post. Essentially, they are trying to steal keywords in order to make more money. Ethical? Sure why not.

Plus I worked hard researching, writing, editing, formatting, and publishing my work, I don't want it to be seen in a shitty gray quote box and have to re-format it all again to make it look the way I intended.

Anyone who agrees with this rule...I don't ever want to see you make a post about how the UFC acting like they own MMA is messed up. EVER. I WILL CALL YOU OUT ON IT