MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - wierd results and trends

View Single Post

Old 01-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
sNuFf_rEaLiTy
Bantamweight

sNuFf_rEaLiTy Is Beloved By AllsNuFf_rEaLiTy Is Beloved By AllsNuFf_rEaLiTy Is Beloved By AllsNuFf_rEaLiTy Is Beloved By AllsNuFf_rEaLiTy Is Beloved By AllsNuFf_rEaLiTy Is Beloved By AllsNuFf_rEaLiTy Is Beloved By AllsNuFf_rEaLiTy Is Beloved By AllsNuFf_rEaLiTy Is Beloved By AllsNuFf_rEaLiTy Is Beloved By AllsNuFf_rEaLiTy Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Ok. 1st of all, the purpose of this thread isnt to debate about the Machida/Shogun decision so please let's not derail it and make it the 1000th thread on the topic.

Secondly sNuFf_rEaLiTy, funny that you're suggesting I'm being biased with my opinions. I dont care for Vera (in fact I like Randy better) nor do I care for Shogun, Tom Lawlor, Hamill or Wiman.

This thread is about the judges often (not always) favoring (deliberately or not) certain types of fighters over others whenever the fight goes the distance and it's one that 'could go either way'.[/b]

Shogun vs Machida is a great example since the 1st 3 rnds were very close and they all got scored for Lyoto (2/3 judges).

The last round of Randy/Vera was very close and it went to Randy.. and so on.
First, and foremost Xerxes, in no way was I implying that you were being biased in your opinion, I was simply stating my opposing opinion. Nor did I wish to turn this into a SHOGUN/MACHIDA or COUTURE/VERA debate, I was simply using those as examples for the topic at hand.

The point of my post is; I don't agree. I don't think the judges favor other fighter (deliberately or not). I think it's all happenstance, and dependant upon what the individual judge is actually paying attention to in the fight. Not some conspiracy theorist type rhetoric.
sNuFf_rEaLiTy is offline   Reply With Quote