MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Mir hype

Thread: Mir hype
View Single Post

Old 01-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
alizio
Banned

alizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Repped for getting on the JDS train, you won't regret it.

Mir has decent power in his hands and strong submissions, but he's got zero wrestling and zero power in his legs. I also think he might be playing into this weight thing WAY too much.
JDS will realize that size matters soon enough when you have no wrestling base. Mir learned the hard way, the same lesson is coming for JDS except his BJJ isnt as good as Franks and he will be in more trouble on his back then Frank is. Now you got a freak like my boy Cain who has elite wrestling plus is a BJJ world champion. The days of BJJ alone being enough are coming to an end fast, these wrestlers are also bjj guys now so these bjj guys better start learning wrestling or be left behind.

Mirs standup is evovling as we speak, those that continue to ignore this fact will continue to be surprised as Mir continues to outstrike supposedly "better strikers" like Nog and Kongo. I dont think Mirs striking is on a JDS level (frankly, almost nobody in the division is on that level) but it is more then good enough to beat most HWs standing and those he cant likely cant hang on the ground.

Last edited by alizio : 01-16-2010 at 06:30 PM.
alizio is offline   Reply With Quote