MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - This place is a joke...

View Single Post

Old 01-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
truebluefan
Megaweight

truebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU View Post
Articles are not in competition for their earnings for this site. This site doesn't have an article section so that's not how they make money. In fact, if it wasn't for people writing articles on other sites, this forum would be boring and empty. Article sites need forums for exposure, and forums need article sites for content. They are SUPPOSED to work together, that's how the internet works. It's a community. But Vertical Sports takes the unethical route and just wants to hog all the traffic so they can collect AdSense revenue from Google Ads.

There's no real logical reason other than pure greed for them to force members to not view other sites. They make a ridiculous amount of money and all they have to do is sit back and wait for people to click ads (meanwhile you mods and us members are doing all the leg work for NO PAY). The longer people are on their site the more chances they have to get ad clicks. But people are on this site 24 hours a day, constantly. To have about 70 members (this is the amount of page views I got from this site) take a few minutes to read a UFC related article is not going to affect them in any way shape or form.

My favorite reason they want us to post the whole article is because it pretty much guarantees that each page of that thread will contain relevant, high-paying ads, due to the mass amount of keywords that are going to be copy and pasted onto the first post. Essentially, they are trying to steal keywords in order to make more money. Ethical? Sure why not.

Plus I worked hard researching, writing, editing, formatting, and publishing my work, I don't want it to be seen in a shitty gray quote box and have to re-format it all again to make it look the way I intended.

Anyone who agrees with this rule...I don't ever want to see you make a post about how the UFC acting like they own MMA is messed up. EVER. I WILL CALL YOU OUT ON IT
Greed? no...you miss the point! Actually according to your logic, you are making us cash by complaining so strongly!

The owners do not dictate policy. They leave it up to me and the staff. So this is to you and to the rest of the posters here, this is not about money! That is as wrong as one can be!

It is convenience of not making posters leave and add to that the fact we want posters to post here. To talk here. A forum thrives on activity, discussion.

I understand your feelings about reformatting, but then you need to understand where the mods are coming from as well.