MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How to Start Fighting

View Single Post

Old 07-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Don
Welterweight

The Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
WHAT OTHER MARTIAL ARTS BACK ROUNDS DO U HAVE..I REALLY DONT HAVE ANY I MEAN IVE TAKIN A COUPLE INRTO TO JUI JITSU CLASSES BUT THOSE WE LIKE ONE WEEK TRIAL THINGS ..SO BASICALLY I HAVE NONE..I MEAN IM ATHLETIC IVE PLAYED FOOTBALL MY WHOLE LIFE JUST GOT DONE PLAYIN DIV 2 IN COLLEGE SO IM IN GOOD SHAPE.IM JST CONCENED WITH MY WEIGHT CLASS,CUZ IM KINDA BULKED UP FROM FOOTBALL IM LIKE 5 10 205, I COULD NEVER FIGHT AT 205, TALLER GUYS WOULD PICK MY ASS APART..NOT REALLY LOOKIN FORWARD TO CUTTIN 20 POUNDS, ARE THE SMALL SHOWS WEIGHT CLASSES THE SAME AS THE UFC..I WISH THERE WAS A 195 WEIGHT CLASS..EVENTUALLY IM SURE I COULD GET DOWN TO 185 BUT I WOULD PROBABLY HAVE GET A LIL BANGED UP BY THE BIG BOYS A 205 FOR AWILE
started with
Judo when I was about 5 or 6.. took that for a couple years
Then I studied some Muay Thai, Capoeria, and Japanese style jujitsu with freinds who studied those arts
THen I took Ninjitsu but the instructor taught us other styles as well more jujitsu as well. I also practiced with some of the guys on my school wrestling team.
I have also studided a few forms of kempo ( I do not recall the style off hte top of my head I have it at home,) but its focus was more of the samurai arts, alot of Akido mixed in from what I understand.
Then since then I have studided a little Inshryu(sp?) and Tang Soo Do.
granted this is over basicly a 23 year period, plus I have played hockey, soccer, baseball, tennis lacrosse football and all kinds of other sports

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline   Reply With Quote