Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Im calling you OUT! Nate and Diego

2K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Nefilim777 
#1 ·
Nate Diaz is going to be moving up to the UFC's welterweight division, but only temporarily according to Diaz who has called out Diego Sanchez as the guy he wants to fight at 170lbs.

After coming up short against BJ Penn in his lightweight title bout at UFC 107, Sanchez confirmed a return to the welterweight division on his official Twitter account.

"YES IM GOING BACK TO WELTERWEIGHT IM LOVING MY NEW DIET," Sanchez confirmed.

Sanchez then wrote directly to Diaz after finding out that Diaz was considering a move to welterweight as well.

"I hear your going up too 170 too i would love to welcome you to welterweight lets make it happen," Sanchez Tweeted to Diaz.

Never one to back down from a fight, Diaz responded on his Twitter account saying, "I'm just stopping by welterweight I'll be back at lightweight after this fight but I ll stick around to beat diegos ass…"

It looks like these two fighters have taken it upon themselves to play matchmaker.

Lets do this, Diegos gonna BJ Nates ass :confused03:

See less See more
#4 ·
I wanted Sanchez to fight Florian at 155 but I guess now that's off the menu, this fight isn't so bad.

Sanchez takes it.

#9 ·
Should be an exciting fight.
Honestly i think Sanchez is more suited for the WW class.
Let's remember he started off at MW.
Ok, that was on TUF, way back, he wasn't training and eating like a pro. But he looked good at WW (phisically). At 155 he looke to ripped. Didn't have enough muscular mass.
As for Diaz, he looks even worse at LW. He shoul take some time to build some muscle and get stronger.
Then, this fight could be a very very entertaining one.
I'd pick Sanchez, just because i think he is stronger and he could handle Diaz better.

#12 ·
If Nate plans on moving weight classes it should be down not up. If you have no power at 150 what makes you think you will have power at 170. It's not like Nate is shredded at 150. I see anyone with wrestling ability dominating Nate at 170. Diego via YES! GndP.
well Im pretty sure you gain power by putting on muscle, not by taking it off. Nate looks like a twig at 155, if he takes the time to properly muscle up for 170 *which im sure he wont* he could possibly do better there than 155 imo

#14 ·
I definitely think that Diego will take this fight. Diego's wor ethic is insane and he will most definitely outwork Diaz. Diego has a very solid ground game as well. I don't think there is much of a way that Diaz will win this fight. Not to mention that Diego is obviously the stronger of the two as well.

#15 ·
DAMN one of my favorite fights of all time was the Sanchez vs Nick Diaz they were like yelling at each other while they were fighting it was insane!

You know that Diego remembers that and prob has some kind of biff with them for kicking Nicks ass in that fight....

This is going to be another Vocal fight ill bet my life on that! :thumb02:

And Sanchez wins by knocking him down and GnP

#17 ·
Yeah im just hoping for it lol, ii hope someone is able to end the fight! I see this fight mostly on the ground like the Nick/Sanchez war, but i see Diego destroying Nates stand-up and falling into guard just to get on the ground with Diego.

Either way we know there is going to be smack talking the whole time 100% till someone taps or goes to sleep, and there both going to bring it, which makes this fight impossible to be boring

#19 ·
I like the both of these guys at 170. Nate could really benefit by putting on some mass, he is more than tall enough to do so. And Diego I haven't liked at 155 since day one, he lost all his power, even in his takedowns. This should be a good fight. I predict a decision in Sanchez favor, unanimous most likely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.