MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - anti virus/spyware?

View Single Post

Old 01-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
truebluefan
Megaweight

truebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to alltruebluefan is a name known to all
ok thanks, in my instance, I did indeed have a rogue trojan in my system. After days of exausted effort I found it.

I havent gotten it since. So does that mean the spyware is not here? No, but I lean towards that conclusion. Why? Many, many more people would have stepped forward over the last month and a half, imo. Not only here, but in the network.

So what should we do about this?

This is what I did last Thursday night to find my trojan.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide - MajorGeeks Support Forums

I did everything it said to do. After going into what windows you are using(I am still using xp}once I got to run malwarebytes scan, I found it. I think in my instance the rogue programs was in my registry, but could have been java based because I had my java uninstalled as requested. Also, I run both SAS and malwarebytes daily and neither one of them found it until java was uninstalled. I later installed the new version of Java.

I think the Rogue program hides itself as a real running program.

So try this...it takes time, but you may find it.

In the mean time, I want to know when you get the ad and how often. My instance it was only at MMA forum and I was getting it once a day.