MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - anti virus/spyware?

View Single Post

Old 01-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
coldcall420
Banned

coldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluefan View Post
ok thanks, in my instance, I did indeed have a rogue trojan in my system. After days of exausted effort I found it.

I havent gotten it since. So does that mean the spyware is not here? No, but I lean towards that conclusion. Why? Many, many more people would have stepped forward over the last month and a half, imo. Not only here, but in the network.

So what should we do about this?

This is what I did last Thursday night to find my trojan.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide - MajorGeeks Support Forums

I did everything it said to do. After going into what windows you are using(I am still using xp}once I got to run malwarebytes scan, I found it. I think in my instance the rogue programs was in my registry, but could have been java based because I had my java uninstalled as requested. Also, I run both SAS and malwarebytes daily and neither one of them found it until java was uninstalled. I later installed the new version of Java.

I think the Rogue program hides itself as a real running program.

So try this...it takes time, but you may find it.

In the mean time, I want to know when you get the ad and how often. My instance it was only at MMA forum and I was getting it once a day.

Well I still am getting it, I ran my security program in safe mode and now my O.S. is acting funny, the security program found no issues but I know there must be one. The window as explained earlier opens some program that is trying to run a virus scan it allows me to close the window but i run Vista and it wants to save the window often times returning to the page, however I still have not located where this issue is coming from on my computer. I will follow the above instructions it seems I'm gong to have to call the computer manufacturer and have them assist me with getting the O.S. back to its original version, it appears as like Windows 2000 as opposed to the Vista theme???
coldcall420 is offline   Reply With Quote