MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - taekwondo and muay thai

View Single Post

Old 02-05-2007, 12:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainee
It's not the styles themselves - it's the way they're taught.
Thank you! Someone gets what I've been trying to point out all along.

What everyone seems to forget about most TMAs is that many of their roots lie in a point of history where people still fought hand-to-hand to survive. Modern TMAs are very far removed in the way that they were originally taught, because (let's be honest) you aren't going to be worried about invaders coming into your village and having to fight them off with swords or spears. The firearm revolutionized warfare. I'm going to have to do some research, but I plan on starting to post up some comparisons of Modern TMA's to their inceptional roots. It would prove interesting.

thromback: Just use what works for you. It would be a waste and a shame to throw away 3 years of training. I know you'll be able to find something that will work in MT from TKD, and vice-versa.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote