MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Currently Reading?

View Single Post

Old 01-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #301 (permalink)
TraMaI
"I <3 Trolls"

TraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
Rereading Choke and Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk. IDK why, but I prefer Choke. I found it in the car and I brought it inside, and couldn't put it down, having forgotten where I left off.

It looked like some of the format within House of Leaves would be distracting. I assume the story makes it worth it.
If you like Chuck, read Rant. Book has a realllly strange format (it consists of other people telling the story about the main character) but it's really good. The format doesn't throw you off in it either, it's really cool.

As for House, the format of the book doesn't throw you off at all actually. It's perfectly timed even though it may not look it. You know what feeling when you get really into a book and you end up forgetting you're reading words and it just plays like a movie in your head as you read? House of Leaves does that tenfold. It's strange, because you'd think the format would be really confusing, but it isn't at all. The format gives you such a good feel for what's going on with the characters, the environment, everything. Like I said it's extremely well written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisty69 View Post
Palahniuk is one of my favorite authors. I personally liked Survivor better than choke, but choke was great too. Did you see the movie of Choke that came out recently? It wasn't too bad.

Lullaby was pretty damn good, as was invisible monsters and fight club. Hell, I just named over half of his library, so just read them all
Missed, Diary, Rant, Snuff and Stranger than Fiction, which I all liked far more than those LOL... with the exception of Fight Club >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
There was a movie of Choke?? How did I miss that?

Oh, I do plan on reading them all, without a doubt.
It was a low level release that didn't get much Ad times... it was decent but really didn't do the book justice. Although the one guy from Shaun of the Dead is in it. (Not Simon Pegg)
TraMaI is offline   Reply With Quote