MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Who is the # 1 fighter at 185
View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by jdun11
After watching Silva last night. I dont see how he could beat a guy like Filho. That guy is tailor made to beat a guy like Silva. He is a match up nightmare for Silva. I dont wanna sound like Im bashing Anderson because he impressed me with his ability to fight off his back. But having a guy like Filho on top of you is alot different than havin Travis Lutter on top of you.
Filho might be a bad match up for Silva but perhaps Anderson would be able to fight him from his back. If you think about it great striking + great bjj is as good as great striking + a great sprawl.

I still think both Filho, Lindland, and hendo are bad match ups for Silva, Silva is a bad match for Kang and Franklin(obviously), Hendo and Lindland are bad match ups for Filho. So I guess that leaves the Team Quest boys battling it out for number one according to that analogy but I dont I think I'd still put Filho at #1. This weights impossible to rank.

14-1 in Forum Bets
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome