MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - NYT on Christian Fighters

View Single Post

Old 02-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
NYT on Christian Fighters

Well, here's my latest. I think it's a good piece, so I hope you guys enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan @ MMAOpinion
The New York Times publishes articles on MMA periodically, and while sometimes they’re completely off the mark, sometimes they actually address something interesting in the sport, which is why when a piece on Christian organizations teaching MMA ended up in my mailbox, I was curious.

Of course, the “warrior-pastor” syndrome is not something that’s new to MMA. Kimo Leopoldo’s famous ring entrance at UFC 3, with a cross on his back and a huge tattoo of the word “Jesus” across his stomach is case-in-point.

I will say this: the decision to focus on Ohio-based groups like the Canyon Creek Church (which has been on my radar for a little while) is a little weird and, of course, misses some huge components in the overall history of the sport. But this is the New York Times, so I don’t expect the writers to have a background in what they’re writing about.
Click here to read the full article.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote