MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Vbookie is pointless

View Single Post

Old 02-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ape City
It's a league game, Smokey

Ape City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJohnson View Post
You have time to work the odds for fake money?

Come on man, have fun with it. If anyone is consistently betting both ways, point them out so I can laugh at them. hehehehehe
No I don't have time, nor do I want to, that is the point of my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LjStronge View Post
You love betting on Vbookie, but cheat?

Did I get that right or am I missing something?
Yeah, you did.

I loved vbookie because you never used to be able to bet on both fighters. It kinda takes the fun out of seeing who has a lot of points. Not that theya re important I guess.

I know this is aminor thing and isn't really what the site is about but imo it is a step backwards.

This is the first time I even noticed an admin had changed it so you can bet on both fighters.

It was like this a long time ago, then it got changed so you could only bet on one fighter, now it is back to both again.

I don't understand the purpose of this change unless it is to allow people to bet on both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Or you can stop betting.
Next time I disagree with a politician should I just stop voting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacjer View Post
According to my calculations I'm lost.

Mike Swick vs Paulo Thiago (UFC 109)

Mike Swick 1/2 F (0.50) You bet 1, you win .5
Paulo Thiago 7/4 (1.75) You bet 1, you win 1.75

So if you bet on both and Swick wins, you're down .5

Lets say you bet:
2 on Swick, you win 1
1 on Paulo, you win 1.75

What am I missing?

So if you bet on both and Paulo wins, you're down .25

I just wanna say the entire point of this thread is that I don't want to do it, nor do I have the tools to quickly crunch the numbers.

Anyways I didn't mean to say that you can get it so you never lose. But you can go big on underdogs and make up alot of credits by betting on the other guys or vise versa. That's all I was saying. It isn't guarenteed but it makes betting a lot "safer".

Anyways maybe I should have chosen a less loaded title. I shouldn't say broken 'cause this doesn't really affect it that much, but I just like having to choose one or the other.

It makes it more exciting to me to have to go big or go home.

I didn't really mean to make a big deal about this, just point out that I thought it was an odd move.