MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Help Picking a Martial Art

View Single Post

Old 07-15-2006, 02:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
Matchstick
MMA Fanatic

Matchstick has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
others would be more obvious and well would not be functional in an mma style fight with out leaving yourself open for a pounding and a half

I am very new to martial arts, but if you correctly attack at a pressure point I do not believe that anybody would have it in them to pound. I study a bit hapkido also, and when executed correctly it's a tap out at about 5-15%, depending on the opponent. If it was executed at 100% i believe it would break and put life long effectes on the opponent, if not terminate them. I believe that is why a lot of it is "illegal" in the sport. Now my master is in his 60's and started at the age of 4. he holds 9th degree in TKD, Judo, and Hapkido and grew up in Korea. There are a few instructors under him in there 30's, which are very very talented. So maybe it's intemidation, but in the end they are all really good. We have Muay Thai boxing also which is really fun to watch. No disrespect but in the end pressure points drop people fast. Just like a punch or kick to the back coming in of the jaw, anybody can knock somebody out with that if landed correctly. I feel it's all a matter of technic.

-Grand Master Young Jin Chung
Matchstick is offline   Reply With Quote