MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Help finding gym/style for me

View Single Post

Old 02-07-2010, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
HitOrGetHit
- Technician -

HitOrGetHit MMAF GodfatherHitOrGetHit MMAF GodfatherHitOrGetHit MMAF GodfatherHitOrGetHit MMAF GodfatherHitOrGetHit MMAF GodfatherHitOrGetHit MMAF GodfatherHitOrGetHit MMAF GodfatherHitOrGetHit MMAF GodfatherHitOrGetHit MMAF GodfatherHitOrGetHit MMAF GodfatherHitOrGetHit MMAF Godfather
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFlag View Post
well I have to find something very local so my options are somewhat limited, but I do have a good idea of whats around. One place is a kickboxing/brazillian jujutsu place. whats nice about this place is that the first lesson is one on one and it's free. Another place I'm also considering is an Aikido dojo, and I really admire the beauty of this particular style of martial arts plus the first few lessons are free. Now the final option is a street fighting gym which includes something called V-Force and the Kesey fighting system. I don't know much about either of them.

I want to train in a style that's practical and I'm particularly interested in grappling.
If it were me, I would definitely go to the kickboxing/BJJ gym. Kickboxing is a very versatile striking discipline while BJJ is a huge asset to have in your arsenal. Especially if you like grappling.

"We are the children of your rivals,
Holding guns while reading Bibles."

Sig Credit: M.C

HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote