MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - KickBoxing Vs. Boxing

View Single Post

Old 02-16-2010, 12:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfraq9 View Post
Kickboxer hands down just from the fact that they have more tools at their disposal. No contest IMO.
Not true. If that were true, then they would have never implemented the 8 Kick Minimum Rule in professional kickboxing back in it's heyday during the late 70's and early 80's. The reason why they did that is because many low-level boxers entered kickboxing and ended up creating quite an impact on the sport.

You have to understand that Kickboxing (especially American kickboxing) started out as an outlet for full-contact Karate fighters to compete. Many of them did not have the depth of training or fighting experience that many low-level boxers had at the time. When the boxer had full license to come in and blast the kickboxer without worrying about a minimum kick count, it turned into a very one-sided boxing match. Thusly, the 8 kick minimum was put into place.

Okay, I know you're going to pull the standard K-1 event and video out and say, "See that's what happens to a Boxer when they fight in a K-1 event." No, that's what happens to a Boxer when they fight in a K-1 event without any sort of K-1 training (the majority of the time). If you look at guys with Boxing Backgrounds who've been able to train how to fight in the K-1 properly (like Mike Bernardo or Jerome LeBanner), they do pretty well.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote