MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Lower Back Pain

Thread: Lower Back Pain
View Single Post

Old 07-16-2006, 05:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
LightweightFighter
Amateur

LightweightFighter Needs A HugLightweightFighter Needs A HugLightweightFighter Needs A HugLightweightFighter Needs A HugLightweightFighter Needs A HugLightweightFighter Needs A HugLightweightFighter Needs A HugLightweightFighter Needs A Hug
Lower Back Pain

Hello fellow comrads, I have a problem. The problem is I have been weight lifting and probably with bad form so now resulting in my bearable but yet annoying lower back pain. When I try to use my hips to strike my heavy bag, I can't use full force otherwise it will hurt and it also aches throughout the day but more so when I start my daily weight lifting. I was wondering if any of you know about if hard beds or otherwise "the ground" is better for your back because I heard it could straighten it out. If it does, then I will start sleeping on the ground to help heal my back if it doesn't turn out to be anything serious. I have tried googling but all that came up was bed for sales or bed good for your back.

Also after this experience, I know I will need to get to a gym as so I won't make the same mistakes but money is an issue so I was wondering how much does a gym usually go for and at what age can you join. I am 16 by the way.

And just because I don't want to double thread, is it ok if instead of sprinting and joggin for my cardio, can I do say 30 minutes of jumping ropes instead? I think its really useful because after jumping rope for abour 20 minutes, the next day my calves were aching like crazy.
LightweightFighter is offline   Reply With Quote