Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

unbeatable

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TheSuplexor 
#1 ·
When are we gonna see a fighter with a Jeet kune do backround?? I'd say he'd be unbeatable

#3 ·
putmeonhold said:
When are we gonna see a fighter with a Jeet kune do backround?? I'd say he'd be unbeatable
to be honest there is and was really only one true practicinoer of jeet Kune Do, and that was bruce and even in his own opinion the style was flawed.. He knew it had gaps that he was working on mainly in the ground game.. but sadly he died before he could perfect his masterpiece. But with what bruce has taught there are some excellent practicioners of what he finished out there but other then the afore mentioned fighter I do not recall many stepping up to "The Big Show" to compete in MMA fights I think it is partly the stigma of it being Bruce Lees art that they are automaticly compared to bruce and no one will reach his level in the art espicaly since he never finished teaching it to any one person as it was still a work in progress and it would still be even if bruce were alive today. simply because bruce realized by simply following a style you were limiting yourself, no one style is was or will be perfect or complete hence my quote, it is from a medallion bruce wore around his neck.

#4 ·
Yeah JKD isn't that good....We already saw a pure BJJ guy and he was unbeatble(to one dimensial fighters) even when outweighed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.