MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Grappling harder then Striking?

View Single Post

Old 02-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKY View Post
Of course I base my knowledge off personal experience.

When I say the basics, I mean knowledge of all of them, and application of most of them (for example in BJJ, shrimping and bridging, position before submission and application of the major holds and in kickboxing, keeping your guard up, getting your power from you're core and not your arms and legs, circling and application of the main strikes). To my experience, anyone who is serious about learning and using that stuff can do so in about 8 months. That doesn't mean they can go and KO Hari or Schilt, it means that they would easily out strike your average Joe on the street or a beginner.

Same idea with advanced, I don't mean take on K1 level kickboxers but rather I mean easily take out a person who has about 8 months of training and has the basic principles down.

For grappling, when I say advanced I mean black belt, which on average takes about 10 years.

And honestly for me, I spar with guys who have competed nationally, and although its clear I'm worse, it's not to the same degree a brown belt whips my ass when we roll.
I guess we're gonna have to just be in disagreement. Maybe we have different definitions of "versed" or just think totally different, either way...it was nice discussing with yah.

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote