MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 02-28-2010, 12:36 AM   #463 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Missed class on friday. I was tired and sick. I felt really guilty about it at first but now I'm over it.

Lifting
Squats 6,6,6 @ 225lbs
Deadlifts 6,6,6 @ 225lbs
DB Bench 6,6,4 @ 85lbs
Weighted Chin Ups 6,6,4 @ b/w+20lbs

AB Complex
Weighted Twist Crunch 20,20@45lbs
Reverse Crunch 15,15@25lbs
Cable Crunch 20,20@65kgs
AB Plank 1:30, 1:30

First day back to lifting lower body, did slightly lower weights to ease the knee in, but it felt fine. It only hurts now when it's twisting or I push the range of motion.

Went straight to jiu jitsu, caught the end of beginners classed and did a guard pass. Triangled a guy but he was saved by the bell before I could finish. Passed his guard. Technique was about keeping strong control in side control, as well as a wrist lock and an armbar from there. Lots of good rolls and I felt good despite having just finished a full body workout. Was dominant against the first blue, and got him with an arm triangle. Beat another blue positionally... Was also dominant against a purple and had his back a few times but couldn't finish. Dominated a green belt and his nose started to bleed but that's nothing to gloat about Good day. Rest tomorrow and then burpees and jiu jitsu monday.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote