MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Back to Basics

Thread: Back to Basics
View Single Post

Old 03-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #218 (permalink)
-Jesus-
MMA Fanatic

-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about-Jesus- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
Alright. I'm going to get back to this thread. Sorry I've been neglecting it for a long time.

Feel free to post questions.

Congrat, bro. If there's anything you need help with, feel free to ask.

OK, this is something that a lot of people have trouble with. Just because you open the guard doesn't mean you've passed the guard. You really have to kill the legs to ensure a good pass.

Kill his guard at the knees. If you're rolling with the gi on, grab the gi at the knee and pin his leg to the mat as you pass. If his leg is on the mat, it's very difficult to maintain the guard position.

Don't just open the legs and then try and move around them. They can still attack you. Pin the leg to the mat until you get to side control.

There's a lot of nuance to passing, but hopefully you can get the idea from some of the earlier posts on it.

Still, if people are shooting triangles on you, I think that you should probably focus on killing the legs.
Thanks!
and with the triangles, he's an amazing "triangle artist" I might add, when the instructor says something about them he's always the one pointed out.

Also; I have a question about the triangle.
When I lock one up, should I push off the hip after my legs are triangled for the angle? or push then lock up?
-Jesus- is offline   Reply With Quote