MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Back to Basics

Thread: Back to Basics
View Single Post

Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #219 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jesus- View Post
Thanks!
and with the triangles, he's an amazing "triangle artist" I might add, when the instructor says something about them he's always the one pointed out.
Yeah. So really, really make sure you kill his legs.

Quote:
Also; I have a question about the triangle.
When I lock one up, should I push off the hip after my legs are triangled for the angle? or push then lock up?
I don't know how you're going to push off of the hip once you've locked your legs up. You push off of the hip with you foot, so once you have locked one are in and one are out, you shouldn't be looking to push the leg.

When you lock in the triangle position, don't adjust your angle by pushing. Adjust your angle by turning your hips.

I get into a lot of angling (how to get there and what it looks like) on the triangle in this very old thread.

Don't push off of the hips to manipulate your angle. Instead, focus on turning your hips to get yourself sideways (which I talk about in the thread) or using your hands to grab your opponent's leg to turn your body.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote