MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Bloodhound's Training Log

View Single Post

Old 03-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bloodhound
MMA Fanatic

Bloodhound has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The Bloodhound's Training Log

Wow, cool, a training log. Sweet, lets get it on...
Mmmmmm, silliness. Now lets get to the point.

So the deal is simple, I'm a big ol' sum bitch, but not on purpose, well if you consider being a fat-shit for your childhood and then having a problem losing it, and then yo-yoing, then yes deliberate.

I'm currently hanging around 260-270, 6'1", not where I wanna be at all. If I dropped down to lean I'd be about 155-165(personal opinion, no mathmatical background to that opinion). I have a rediculously bad diet, stemming mostly from my work life. I have a job where I get no lunch break and am constantly on the phone answering calls from patients and facilities (I'm an ambulance dispatcher) so I get little if any time to bring a healthy meal and eat it, or go get something healthy. I need something with the calories to keep me movin' that's also very filling.

My goal is to get down to around 175-180 in MW or a smaller LHW. The closest I've ever been was when I was training for the USMC, around 225-230. But I couldn't ship because of my damned terrible vision.

If anyone who actually reads this cares to help educate me, I'd be interested in knowing about something filling thats also healthy(ish).

I slug down a protein shake after each muscular workout, and have just started drinking green/black tea.

I train in kickboxing, as well as Shotokan, starting recently. For anyone who read this far, 1, thank you, and 2, I have to do all of my workouts based off of pdfs since there are really no schools of any type in my area.

Anyway, since this is a training log, not a pity-party log...My routine as of now is as follows from last week on:
Monday: MMA Circuit...
1. Heavy bag
2. Punch/Kick Drills
3. Shadowboxing

Tuesday: Weight lifting...
4x10 benchpress (wide, close grip)
4x10 recline pulls
4x10 military presses
4x10 chest presses
4x10 shoulder raises
4x10 deadlifts
4x10 squats (no weights, knee injury that I refreshed earlier this month)

Wednesday: Shotokan, blocking/striking kihons.

Thurday: MMA Circuit...
1. Heavy bag
2. Punch/Kick Drills
3. Shadowboxing

Friday: Lazy ****in' whore, slept and did nothing.

Saturday: Shotokan, blocking/striking kihons.

Sunday: Weight lifting...
4x10 benchpress (wide, close grip)
4x10 recline pulls
4x10 military presses
4x10 chest presses
4x10 shoulder raises
4x10 deadlifts
4x10 squats

Monday: Shotokan, Jion 1 Kata.

Tuesday: Shotokan, Jion 1 Kata.

Last edited by Bloodhound : 03-02-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote