Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Dan Hardy comments on Primetime camera crew & his tattoo

3K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  Soojooko 
#1 ·
http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/boxingcontact/Dan-Hardy-s-blog-Week/article-1890831-detail/article.html

THIS is the last blog I'm penning before flying out to New York. I'm already in fight shape and I am just ticking over and fine-tuning my game plans for the fight with Georges St-Pierre on March 27. All four of my previous UFC fights have been in Europe. But I have fought in the USA before and know it is important to get to the New York area a few weeks before fight week.

I've got some great training partners lined up out there and will tell you more about it after I've settled in. I'm going to be training with some elite-level guys.

I'm really enjoying filming the "Primetime" show which, for those who don't know, is a three-part series where GSP and I have a camera crew following us around for the last month before our fight.

The crew are great and they've interviewed everyone at the Rough House, my friends and my family. Hopefully the fans will get to know me a little better through this series and I am really looking forward to the results.

I want to thank the fans on the forums for their support – and senses of humour – in response to last week's column where I had a little fun at the expense of some of the fighters who've been taking shots at me.

I'm happy to entertain and my sense of humour is one of the ways I keep myself from getting bored during camp.

As people have worked out, I am pretty straightforward with my opinions and I tell it like I see it.

At the end of the day I don't mind if I offend anyone, but I don't set out with that intention in mind.

Usually, I'm trying to have a bit of fun and I like to think I poke fun at myself as much as I do anyone else.

But another item I've read online I'd like to clear up is why my stomach tattoo has been Photoshopped off the official UFC 111 poster.

Maybe I am the wrong guy to moan about getting Photoshopped, but I'm not really very happy about it and don't understand the reason behind it at all.

I've been told the people who designed the poster felt my tattoo would be "too distracting". Well, I'm very happy with my tattoo. But it's not that dazzlingly good that fans are going to focus on that and not read that my name is Dan Hardy and I am fighting champ GSP for the UFC welterweight title on March 27.

Makes no sense they airbrushed it out. But some of the guys at the gym have found it very amusing, so at least they got a laugh out of it.

Some of the theories out there as to why it was removed were very funny. I had no idea MMA fans were such hardcore conspiracy theorists.

If they ever do another series of the "X-Files", the producers should look no further than the MMA fan forums for their writing team.

I'm wrapping up another camp with the Rough House after the coldest winter in recent memory.

But it hasn't been all bad. A lot of you might have noticed that I've been having the same entrance music for my UFC fights, which is "England Belongs to Me" by legendary British punk band, Cock SParrer.

They've been really influential in my musical taste, so imagine my surprise when they approached me about going in the studio to re-record the track with them! It was a dream come true and I will be walking out to the new version of the song when I represent England at UFC 111.

Don't forget, England Belongs to Me. And on March 27 the UFC welterweight title will belong to England!
Top guy, can't wait for 111! :D

#2 ·
Dan Hardy is the ******* man!

As for this
And on March 27 the UFC welterweight title will belong to England!
I wish Hardy, I really do, but I think it will be staying in Canada!

But I'll be behind you 100% man!

#3 ·
WAR HARDY

Good to see he is focusing on his own strategy and training and in great shape, if he is going to win this fight he needs to focus on executing his own game plan and have to let GSP worry about how to counter him as oppose to to worrying out what GSP wants to do, hopefully he will bring that belt back.

#8 ·
He certainly won't be taking that title back to the UK, but I do like Dan and I find his sense of humor very amusing. His trash talk doesn't come off quite as douchey (i.e. Tito Ortiz) but more witty and fun.

I'll be rooting for GSP come fight day but if somebody has to (or even can) I don't mind it being Dan. So what happens if Hardy actually wins? Does Georges get immediate rematch or what?

#9 ·
So what happens if Hardy actually wins?
The MMA world implodes in on itself. Everyone says that GSP is now renowned for getting flash KO'd regularly as it happened against Serra & Hardy, everyone says Hardy got lucky and will be beat in a rematch. Hardy get's zero respect, but thinks he is the man (Serra esque) and GSP beats him in the rematch

#13 ·
oh, its worth it, believe me!! ill LMAO. watch out cuz the excuses will frustrate u, the same ppl that said they would respect him now will make more reasons why he isnt a top guy etc...

i got love for Hardy, funny guy, geniune guy, tough guy. i wouldnt count a guy like that out in anything in life.

#18 ·
I love Dan Hardy the dude is pretty awesome and all and definitly one of my favorite fighters but ive gotta support GSP simply because the dude is probably the classiest guy to ever kick ass.

#19 ·
I like his odds for this fight. I think the difference between GSP and Dan Hardy, is Hardy doesn't might getting into a real fight, and likes causing blood, cuts, and hurting his rival.

GSP is more about sport, he loves wrestling and flirts around with striking, but mainly only to setup his take downs. He doesn't sit down on his strikes like hardy.

I think GSP on the other hand only hits for sport, and I don't really believe he likes hitting people, knowing he is/can cause serious damage in a real fight.

Hardy has the fighters spirit. In all of his fights in the UFC, he has found a way to win, all by landing very powerful strikes that hurt and cause cuts/damage when they land.

GSP doesn't like getting hit, and he starts getting scared when he gets wobbled.

These are natural instincts and can't be changed easily. GSP might be ok in practice, but during the big pressure fight, I think mentally he will snap every time he gets hurt, and can be finished fast like serra did.

GSP poses a threat from a pure athletic out wrestle and out stamina your foe. He will try his best to "tire out hardy's power" by grappling with him, out wresling him, and some Ground and pound" If GSP wants to win this fight, he should look for a submission from the top in my opinion, in the first or second round.

But

I feel hardys Taekwondo Black Belt background will, like machida's karate, allow him to be able to throw strikes which can and will hurt GSP all 5 rounds.

I think for GSP to win, he will need to beat hardy fast in the first or second round by submission some how.

The more this fight lasts, the more chances Hardy will have on his feet, and the likely hood of him landing 1 good punch, elbow or knee throughout a 5 round fight is very good, and when it lands like machida's karate, i think they will hurt GSP.

Hardy's standup isn't perfect, he is open to get tagged, but his chin is granite and he is willing to trade, and eat strikes to land his own. I don't see GSP being able to hurt him at all striking.

This fight comes down to Hardy's Spirit and his Strikes vs GSP's natural athleticism and wrestling using it to setup a top submission.

peace

#22 ·
Toxic is right GSP is going to more than dismantle Hardy. Also Hardy is indeed a prick but I can't help but like the guy. Mainly because I liked him before he started his stupid shit talking. Point being I like the guy but I like GSP more and GSP is going to **** the holy hell out of Hardy simply because he is superior in every area just as Toxic stated.

#25 ·
This fight is so anticlimactic it's not even funny.

GSP

...will take Hardy down early and often, and pound out a victory by decision or referee stoppage. The fight is utterly predictable but I really enjoy any opportunity watching an elite MMA master display his (or her) skills, and GSP is one a handful in this category.

Dan Hardy

...needs to make the very most out of every opportunity standing. He will get this opportunity probably three times: at the start of rounds 1, 2, and 3.

He'll likely be worn down progressively throughout each round as GSP takes him down, controls him and rains down elbows and punches from the top.

Either Hardy will have to have perfect TDD (unlikely) or he will absolutely have to capitalize on his opportunities to strike at the beginning of the first three rounds.

Dan Hardy has a chance to win but his windows of opportunity will be very short, his striking must be perfect, his TDD perfect as well, and he'll need a fair amount of luck on top of that.

X Factor:

...I really don't like GSP talking about his desire to end this fight early. This type of quick fix thinking is unlike GSP, and it could lead him to rush in when he's normally patient.

Conclusion:
Overall, GSP is the huge favorite and is likely going to put a serious beatdown on Hardy on the ground.

#27 ·
I like Dan Hardy & I'm also a GSP fan.

So who do I cheer for?

I've come to the conclusion I'll just cheer them both.

If Dan wins I'll be well chuffed and as a Brit will be over the moon with a Brit champion.

But, if GSP wins (I think more likely) I'll be happy cuz GSP is awesome.

This is a win-win for me.

I'm going to sit back and enjoy this one.

#28 ·
I'm not going to cheer at all; I'm just going to sit back and watch the riddum of violence.

You make a good point with the X factor. I suppose that just means an early TD and GSP holding Hardy down. I guess I can still hope for a few beautiful guard passes by GSP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.