MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Bloodhound's Training Log

View Single Post

Old 03-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bloodhound
MMA Fanatic

Bloodhound has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Feelin' alright abouts meself. Didn't eat too grotesquely(i wonder if thats even close) over the past two days. Had nothing really for breakfast, didn't have an appetite. Made a PB sandwich for lunch with an orange and some Green Tea for work. Once I got home I ate a piece of fish and some hashbrowns, with green beans. Then I went out with my friends...ate a burger at a restaraunt...DAMN!

For the workout I did a lot of Heian Shodan 1. I seem unsatisfied with my progress even though I plan to begin 2 on Wednesday when I buy myself another 5ftx10ft mat. I also added another new feature, a tennis ball hanging from a rope from the ceiling...I have a terrible problem with depth perception without my glasses...haven't bought contacts or started saving for Lasik(maybe..no probably wrong too)surgery. And with the tennis ball on a string I'm able to work on my percieved distance with punches and kicks, as well as body/head movement on the ball's backswing...so its appearing to be worth the 5 bucks for balls and cord. Other than that I whacked the bag a while, mostly kicks and a few combinations, but it wasn't the focus of the day's workout.

Today, I again didn't have an appetite in the morning, had a glass of milk and another of water though, just to get something in my stomach. Had another PB sandwich for lunch, this time with crackers, and orange and a Green Tea, however I also drank a mtn dew while at work. I had Keubasa(again rediculously bad spelling on my part)on bread with hashbrowns(gma loves to cook 'em)and green beans. I also slugged a protein shake after the workout that follows:

I went downstairs again, more Heian Shodan 1.

Did some Tabata on the bag:
4x80 vertical punchs (30 seconds per set)
Followed by the same with combinations:
jab-cross-hook-cross, jab-jab-cross-hook, jab-cross-jab-cross, jab-cross-backfist-cross

Finished with more depth perception with the tennis ball. I think my distancing is getting to where the normal SOB's is...maybe another month and I'll be secure with my own ability.
Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote