Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Georges St-Pierre Says He's a Changed Fighter, Has No Interest in Third Penn Bout

6K views 110 replies 39 participants last post by  Shoegazer 
#1 ·
http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/03/...ays-hes-a-changed-fighter-has-no-interest-i/?

I find listening to GSP talk quite hypnotic and relaxing. Its a nice interview.

Sounds like hes fucked around with his training and technique. Exciting to think hes evolved yet again.

Nothing to gain from a rematch with Penn. Indeed, is all I gots to say on the matter.

Other stuff as well, but I'm feeling opiated from a heavy dose of GSP and cant be arsed to type.

#3 ·
#15 ·
remember morgan freeman said it best "around high school i found out people like to hear the sound of my voice and would pay to listen to me talk. So i figure, i better start talking....."

if gsp has no interest in facing bj again then dana should force them to fight a third time lol.either that or give him the ultimatum-face bj or anderson or yourself because out of three weight classes (MW,WW,LW) i cant find anyone else close to his level.:praise01:

#7 ·
First off: -.-

Second: GSP doesn't want to fight him because it's a waste of his time. He doesn't need a tune up fight against someone he's beaten twice (Chuck) and BJ has no standing in the WW division.

Third: The outcome of their last fight had very little if anything to do with greasing. The thing that had an effect on it was BJ getting his face smashed for three rounds and then not being able to think through a concussion.

Fourth: Yes, I realize you're probably joking.

#9 ·
eh the joking part, yes and no

I would like to see a noncontroversial 3rd fight from these 2. he has nothing left to prove except in their last fight he did something that people thought was so bad that they changed the rules off the ufc to make sure it could not be repeated.

I am a huge fan of GSP's but he needs a 3rd fight to wash away the blemish i see as /is his last fight, him greasing made it a loss in my eyes

(p.s. just cause i know it will get brought up I am also a huge Penn fan.)

#12 ·
interesting that he doesnt train in cardio, hes just a machine... you see all these fighters who gas out mid round 2 and are a joke.

and I wouldnt want to see BJ quit again in their third fight like he did in the second, rather watch GSP destroy someone else not named Penn

#14 ·
and I wouldnt want to see BJ quit again in their third fight like he did in the second, rather watch GSP destroy someone else not named Penn
if I was in penns corner I would have thrown in the towel too if I could see the the other fighter keep getting greased up every round and see my fighters guard which he is known for, just keep slipping off like he was a guy that had not trained BJJ in his life

#13 ·
The only reason I would want to see GSP pound BJ into the ground again would be so I could get the fantasy points for BJ fighting in a main event.......

It's already 2-0 GSP, you only get to 3-0 when you're a can and the UFC is looking to make you a joke, see Tito v Shamrock.

#19 ·
Its not 2-0 GSP, the record book may show that but most people know BJ won the first fight.
if I was in penns corner I would have thrown in the towel too if I could see the the other fighter keep getting greased up every round and see my fighters guard which he is known for, just keep slipping off like he was a guy that had not trained BJJ in his life
I would have thrown the towel in, hell BJ tried to walk to GSP's corner at the end of the round, it was painfully obivous he was out on his feet.

#25 ·
For some reason i have a hard time believing the canadian samurai GSP would ever do something dishonorable like greasing, but at the same time if he did, since it wasnt against the rules at the time, i reaspect fighting with your head as well.

Really though, why would the UFC want to try and shoot BJ down AGAIN by feeding him to GSP, couldnt do it early on, couldnt do it at the primes of their careers, those are two losses. Its not like they have a long standing hatred for each other and bj goes to Joe Silva everyother day saying "I wanna fight GSP again"

#27 ·
For some reason i have a hard time believing the canadian samurai GSP would ever do something dishonorable like greasing, but at the same time if he did, since it wasnt against the rules at the time, i reaspect fighting with your head as well.

Really though, why would the UFC want to try and shoot BJ down AGAIN by feeding him to GSP, couldnt do it early on, couldnt do it at the primes of their careers, those are two losses. Its not like they have a long standing hatred for each other and bj goes to Joe Silva everyother day saying "I wanna fight GSP again"
OMG, LMMFAO, hahahahh, Canadian Samurai, that's amazing, +rep, even though I can't because I just repped you for FFL.

#31 ·
Barry Bonds would have hit those homeruns anyways!!! why do ppl care???

moral of the story?? cheating is ok aslong as you THINK it didnt effect the outcome.

COOL STORY BRO'S!!!

Reactions: M_D
#32 ·
Barry Bonds hit a homerun with a broken bat......just including that, don't know why.

It's you're not your btw.(Your sig)
^^
Because I felt like sounding like an asshole, though I'm sure the entire point of that sig is to get people to do what I'm doing.

#39 ·
"The GSP today would knock out or submit the GSP who fought Alves"... now thats a scary thought.

If you ask me Hardy would have better luck trying to pick up a bar of soap at San Quentin than stepping In the cage with GSP
Of course he would, have you ever seen Dan Hardy? He's ugly as hell, no one would be interested.

#42 ·
And yeah a lot of the first fight happened on the ground with BJ on his back... yet GSP didn't get subbed?
Also notice how BJ was able to hold onto GSP and neutralize, and GSP wasn't able to just effortlessy slip BJ's arms and legs off of his back, head, and shoulders as if they weren't even there.

I know, I know...it's just because GSP had improved so much and BJ was so lazy.

#44 ·
It doesn't matter what we think, records show that GSP has beaten BJ Penn on two occasions.

The last time, being very one sided.

Who the hell cares about BJ Penn fighting GSP again, seriously..

He got dominated, and is down two loses to GSP..

GSP vs. Penn III is a waste of time and won't happen.

#48 ·
I re-watched the 2nd GSP Penn fight 2 times recently. Grease had nothing to do with the ass beating Penn got. If they fought a 3rd time GSP would just demolish him even worse. That was seriously one of the most one sided beatings I have ever seen and the little bit of grease that was on him did not effect the outcome imo. But the die hard Penn fans need to cling on to that as an excuse to ease the pain. If it went to a 5th round then BJ might just be dead. After all the shit talking BJ did before the fight made it that much better. However I do have to admit the fight wasn't very fair because of the size and strength advantage of GSP. BJ needs to stay at LW and dominate there for a while. He loses too much speed and is at a huge size disadvantage at WW.

#49 ·
Wow M_D I was gonna quote all of your accusations but it would have taken up an entire page by itself...

GSP dominated every single aspect of that fight. I highly doubt that Penn would have subbed GSP. He was being outwrestled, badly ground and pounded, and he was getting completely worked on his feet. I am so tired of this greasing excuse, Penn would lose another fight with GSP if they were to fight again, it is crystal clear that GSP is the better fighter.

#74 ·
im just having some fun with people.

if I said GSP sucks and has no skill yadda yadda then I would be trolling this I am just debating against some friends on here and was having a blast doing so, i was just taking the unpopular side of the arguement for its more fun to debate 20 people at once then it is to be on the other side and be one of the 20.

I could debate the other side of this just as much and just as strongly. this side is just more fun.

p.s. dont double post lol

#75 ·
Cool vid for the OP. If BJ worked his way up to the title shot, that'd be cool, but no other than that. I love Penn, but he lost the first fight though it was close and clearly lost the second fight regurdless of your views on the grease. Maybe this new Penn can hang with GSP...But I don't think he'll be able to overcome GSP's size and strength advantage. Either way could be a cool fight, or a repeat.

#76 ·
most def agree with him having to work his way up to the title I absolutely hate when fighters are just givin a title shot, just if/when penn does I dont want gsp to say no to the fight, I will always watch these two go at it even if gsp wins every time for I like seeing them fight and honestly i see them as being each others only real challenge

#77 ·
Md you deserve a drink!

Sorry gsp fans but if you seriously believe that the 3rd fight would be the same as the second then im sorry but you are delusional. Bj Penn is not the same Penn he was back then and i think it would be a much closer fight this time round.

The fact that the rules were changed after this fight says a lot to me. You can see the Vaseline being applied.

Im not saying that gsp would have not won the fight if he hadn't greased however it gave him a distinct unfair advantage which is there to see in video format. How people are arguing about this is beyond me..............

I also believe Penn has much more of a chance at beating gsp, than gsp has of beating Silva if he moved up.

#83 ·
I honestly can't see a third fight ending any way but brutal win for GSP. Penn is not a WW, he's too small and loses his cardio and speed at 170. GSP has done nothing but get better every single fight and I think he would crush Penn.

Having said that, I would like to see Penn fight other WW, Fitch, Alves, Kos maybe Hughes in a rubber match. If he showed he could be just as good at WW as he is at LW, than bring on GSP v Penn 3. I don't want to see BJ move up right into a title shot.

#86 ·
Having said that, I would like to see Penn fight other WW, Fitch, Alves, Kos maybe Hughes in a rubber match. If he showed he could be just as good at WW as he is at LW, than bring on GSP v Penn 3. I don't want to see BJ move up right into a title shot.
agreed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.