MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I have a question. Whats a better way to win a fight?

View Single Post

Old 03-11-2010, 01:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
xeberus
The Forum Drunk

xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieZ View Post
well Im a Boxer too But i am studying jiu jitsu... I thought if I keep it stand Up and rely to land a big Bomb and win by KO yea i can do that but im taking a chance if I miss then ill get taken down so might as well take them down and try to gnp them its alot easier if I go for the early take down and just sweep them off and ground and Pound them. shit thats what they teach me in jiu jitsu ... if U wanna end a fight quicker thats the way to go i think dont u agree?
Not for me. That takes a lot of time and early in a fight guys are going to be a lot harder to take down. When I was in jiu jitsu taller guys had a hell of a time taking me down. But when I start getting tired it gets easier and easier, if I ever went for the take down it would be later in the fight when I'm/they're tired and I'm looking for a break and an easy take down.

Of course a good wrestler/bjj guy would probably kick my ass in a sanctioned fight.

I've been in a few fights and most ended in less than a minute. Hands with speed are killers.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Sig by D.P.

xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote