Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Jason MacDonald vs. Rich Franklin

857 views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  DCDIME 
#1 ·
You guys know Jason Macdonald lost to Cote via submission right?

You guys know he also lost to Shonie carter...

I just can't seem him winning this fight unless Rich somehow decides to attempt GnP only strategy and gets caught in a sub.

(looks @ bonnar426)

#2 ·
didn't we already have a Jason Macdonald sucks thread a couple days ago...personally i think Jason has imroved since his losses and will put up a good effort, possibly even pulling off the upset.

#7 ·
JWangSDC said:
You guys know Jason Macdonald lost to Cote via submission right?

You guys know he also lost to Shonie carter...

I just can't seem him winning this fight unless Rich somehow decides to attempt GnP only strategy and gets caught in a sub.

(looks @ bonnar426)

Why don't you simple people seem to understand people can get BETTER as they go on???
He is on a 6 fight winning streak. Give the guy a little credit.

I mean he lost to Cote last year, you know how much someone can bring thier game up in a year?
Look at GSP's standup game over the last year.

#8 ·
I just wasnt really impressed over his win over Leben. He was pretty much getting worked on the stand up and gassed really early into the fight. Anyone can amass a 6 win streak when youre fighting a bunch of scrubs. I can kick the shit out of 20 retarded midgets in a row but that doesnt make me a great fighter.

#10 ·
MacDonald has a decent chin, and he was totaly not gassed in the Leben fight. I'm a Macdonald fan, but give the odds to Franklin. Rich Just has better stand-up than Jason...but if things go to the ground...

#12 ·
obviously macdonald is going to lose, did you watch him vs leben? he lost the first round, and his standup is poor. franklin is 20 times better than leben and macdonald had a tough time taking leben to the ground and beating him. franklin will win this in the 1st round guaranteed

#15 ·
Mr. Bungle said:
If Franklin loses will you delete your account and swear on your mothers eyes never to post in this forum again? I mean if you're so sure that you know exactly whats going to happen...if it's so "obvious" :)
no because anything can happen in a MMA fight, the only way macdonald will win is by a lucky punch or a fluke, mark my words

#16 ·
Really Wukkadb...than perhaps someone needs an English lesson...

Dictionary.com

guar·an·tee Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[gar-uhn-tee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -teed, -tee·ing.
–noun
1. a promise or assurance, esp. one in writing, that something is of specified quality, content, benefit, etc., or that it will perform satisfactorily for a given length of time: a money-back guarantee.
2. guaranty (defs. 1, 2).
3. something that assures a particular outcome or condition: Wealth is no guarantee of happiness.
4. a person who gives a guarantee or guaranty; guarantor.
5. a person to whom a guarantee is made.
–verb (used with object) 6. to secure, as by giving or taking security.
7. to make oneself answerable for (something) on behalf of someone else who is primarily responsible: to guarantee the fulfillment of a contract.
8. to undertake to ensure for another, as rights or possessions.
9. to serve as a warrant or guaranty for.
10. to engage to protect or indemnify: to guarantee a person against loss.
11. to engage (to do something).
12. to promise (usually fol. by a clause as object): I guarantee that I'll be there.

[Origin: 1670–80; alter. of guaranty]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

#18 ·
MacDonald could pull off an upset if he stays focus for his fight and has a strong game plan against Franklin.

There are a lot of intangibles in this fight that could give him the win (e.g. octagon rust, face getting rearranged by Silva, etc.)

Although it is clear that Franklin is much more well-rounded and has fought more quality fighters than MacDonald has.

#20 ·
The same people who "GUARANTEED" Hughes' win over GSP are probably the same ones who think MacDonald has no chance. Not pointing out anyone specific, but it's a high-level fight...anything can happen. Every fighter has stregths and weakness's and can be caught off guard, or in a solid offensive gameplan. Like I said I see how Franklin is the favorite, but to count out J-Mac is just closed-minded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.