MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Confidence and doubt

View Single Post

Old 03-22-2010, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
alizio
Banned

alizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyfighter View Post
Hey everyone.
I see alot of fighters from my gym and others come out of fights totally happy with their fights win or lose.
I am never happy even if i win i still doubt my performance and think about the things i could have and maybe should have done. Is it just me?

For example I just won a fight. Took him down but when i landed on mount he managed to roll me because my hands were still around his back. Went for an arm bar from guard and he slammed me to get out (desperation) then i swept him and took mount again. He rolled to expose his back and I tried 3 times to get the hooks in and choke him. On the third attempt I got the tap out,

Now this was a win for me but i still focus on the down sides of my game.

anyone else like that?
the greatest fighters are usually their own harshest critics.

aslong as you take steps to get better in w/e you feel you didnt perform as high as expected, this is a great thing.

if you get all down on yourself and it affects you negatively its a bad thing.

its actually one of the things i look for in a fighter. is he hard on himself?? the greats can usually find the smallest things and be disappointed and you see them work their ass off to improve it.
alizio is offline   Reply With Quote