MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Punches to the lower ribs when abdominal muscles ae relaxed
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 12:57 AM
punchbag
Bantamweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick3 View Post
Hi
My first post. Hope some fighters can help me with problem that i have. Basically i was hit -out of the blue twice- in the lower left ribs in the spleen (it was an attack attack, bullying). And as i didn't expect the punches my muscles were relaxed, but didn't even hurt as bad. After the punch i just sit on the chair and that guy did the same think to me once again, i was in shock just sitting with open mouth. After a 3 months still hurts although under my ribs.

I've been reading arcticles about how to take a puch and almost everone say that you have to tighten abdominal muscels to protect vital organs. Well i did't, got punches in the ribs and felt much pain.

Like the other guy before said, just sounds like bruised/cracked ribs I had cracked ribs before myself and didn't realise til 2weeks later
when I went to the doctors and he told me but worth getting checked out mate.

Do guys, during the fights always keep their abdominal muscles tigtened?

What i am concerned is that the ribs bent and internal organs got injured instead of ribs. I didn't go to doctor but i will. I suppose that lower ribs bent in case of punch.

Anyone can comment on this? I'm not a fighter, never fought in my life.
Like the other guy before said, just sounds like bruised/cracked ribs, I had cracked ribs before and didn't realise until 2weeks later when I went to the doctors and he told me so definitly worth getting checked out mate. It's a shame how the cowards had to team up on you as well mate, sorry to hear that, had a bit of it when I was younger but lets just say Muay Thai and BJJ helped me out, funny how now those same guys kiss my ass,lol.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome