MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Punches to the lower ribs when abdominal muscles ae relaxed

View Single Post

Old 03-24-2010, 12:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
punchbag
Bantamweight

punchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the roughpunchbag is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick3 View Post
Hi
My first post. Hope some fighters can help me with problem that i have. Basically i was hit -out of the blue twice- in the lower left ribs in the spleen (it was an attack attack, bullying). And as i didn't expect the punches my muscles were relaxed, but didn't even hurt as bad. After the punch i just sit on the chair and that guy did the same think to me once again, i was in shock just sitting with open mouth. After a 3 months still hurts although under my ribs.

I've been reading arcticles about how to take a puch and almost everone say that you have to tighten abdominal muscels to protect vital organs. Well i did't, got punches in the ribs and felt much pain.

Like the other guy before said, just sounds like bruised/cracked ribs I had cracked ribs before myself and didn't realise til 2weeks later
when I went to the doctors and he told me but worth getting checked out mate.

Do guys, during the fights always keep their abdominal muscles tigtened?

What i am concerned is that the ribs bent and internal organs got injured instead of ribs. I didn't go to doctor but i will. I suppose that lower ribs bent in case of punch.

Anyone can comment on this? I'm not a fighter, never fought in my life.
Like the other guy before said, just sounds like bruised/cracked ribs, I had cracked ribs before and didn't realise until 2weeks later when I went to the doctors and he told me so definitly worth getting checked out mate. It's a shame how the cowards had to team up on you as well mate, sorry to hear that, had a bit of it when I was younger but lets just say Muay Thai and BJJ helped me out, funny how now those same guys kiss my ass,lol.
punchbag is offline   Reply With Quote