2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  154rambo 
#1 ·
didn't see this anywhere so here goes.

TUF 11 Episode 1 Recap: 14 Fights in 60 Minutes

K2-xl_tiny by Zak Woods on Apr 1, 2010 10:56 AM EDT Comment 3 comments
Gore!

Gore!

View full size photo »

The first episode begins with a brief montage of the new TUF gym. It looks darker and more foreboding. Probably due to the fact that Zuffa got rid of the yellow colored walls. Quick aside: WKR hasn't been to the public UFC gym. But we got the distinct feeling that the TUF gym is similar in design, no? Suddenly Dana White, Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz enter the room and it is time for a Dana White pep talk. Unfortunately, his message was inaudible as this beeping noise kept emanating from the television. It was really annoying, probably need to call Time Warner and complain but whatever.

One thing that we did hear was the new format. Fourteen fighters will make it into the house with the seven winners going to the quarter finals but the eighth spot will be reserved for the "wild card" winners. The coaches and Dana White will pick two fighters who lost to fight in a "wild card" round with the winner getting into the quarter finals. Basically, its a nice tweak to create a little more drama and possibly bring back a guy who got a raw deal.

After the speech concludes it is on to the fights!

Since fighters have to win a fight in order to get into the house the first episode moves at breakneck pace. Introductions are short and shot at the viewer like a machine gun. Unfortunately we don't see how the match-ups are decided, which opens the door for conspiracy theories of Zuffa wanting certain "personalities" to get into the house.

The first fight is between Jamie "Holy Shit that fro is sweet!" Yager (2-1) and Ben "The Hebrew Hammer" (that is his real nickname) Stark (3-1). Unfortunately Stark doesn't have a Jew fro. The fight begins with Yager throwing a few head kicks, which Ben blacks but still rocks the hell out of him. After the third one, Stark collapses to the canvas and Yager stands over him while Herb Dean runs in to stop the fight. Jamie Yager celebrates with a little break-dance and his new nickname is now "Eddy Gordo".

SBN coverage of "The Ultimate Fighter 11" Debut

Star-divide

Next up is Jordan Smith (10-0), a 7th grade science teacher vs. Brad Tavares (4-0) out of Hawaii. Tavares knocks out the teacher with a straight right in the first round. Alas, there will be no Rich Franklin 2.0.

Clebrun Walker (9-3) vs. Kris McCray (5-0). And it's another drubbing as McCray tosses Walker to the mat who verbally submits as his shoulder popped out.

Norman Paraisy (5-1-0, 1 NC) who is French fights James Hammortree (5-1) who is fire fighter and EMT. The first round begins with the Frenchman taking down the firefighter. Hammortree works his way back to his feet and returns the favor. James begins to work a little ground-and-pound at it appears that Paraisy gassed out after one takedown (you can't make this shit up). At the end of the round the Frenchman surrenders...surprising.

With all the spectacular fights over with it is time for the Miller Lite Highlights. MONTAGE!!! WOOO!!!

* Nick Ring (10-0) def. Woody Weatherby (7-3) via TKO (strikes) - Tito likes Nick and thinks he can win the whole thing.
* Kyle Noke (16-4-1) def. Warren Thompson (5-0) via unanimous decision - Noke opened a huge gash on Thompson's forehead.
* Court McGee (9-1) def. Seth Baczynski (11-5) via unanimous decision - This fight actually looked competitive and interesting as it went to a sudden death third round.

That wraps up the montage fights and we get to see Victor O'Donnell (8-1) vs. Chris Camozzi (12-3) in a slightly less edited version. The fight goes to a third round where Chris Camozzi pulls off the victory. O'Donnell's orbital was broken in the first round so he wouldn't have been able to compete in the house anyways.

Next up is Kyacey Uscola (18-15) vs. Brent Cooper (5-1). The .500 guy landed a right hook that floored Cooper. Kyacey jumped in for the kill and it was over in thirty seconds.

And the montage fights are back.

* Joe Henle (3-0) def. Constantinos Philippou (5-1) via submission (arm bar) - Constantinos wins rounds one and two but gets caught in a submission and that's game over. Henle asks to be called "Leonidas" and sort of looks like he is from 300.
* Rich Attonito (7-3) def. Lyle Steffens (5-2) via unanimous decision - Rich is from American Top Team and a good wrestler.
* Josh Bryant (10-0) def. Greg Rebello (9-2) via majority decision.
* Charles Blanchard (7-2) def. Jacen Flynn (8-2) via TKO

Charley Lynch (6-0) vs. Clayton McKinney (4-2) gets the full fight treatment. Clayton, whis is rocking neon green and black hair, and Charley reveal that they are friends. Clayton gets the better of the stand-up and besides a slip completely dominated the fight. Lynch's nose was crushed into a pulp and McKinney stopped mid-fight in shock.

Now that the fights are over it is time to pick teams...next week...
i like yager, and damn!!!!!lynch's nose break is bad:eek01:

edit:go herehttp://www.mmaforum.com/ultimate-fighter-tv/74021-watch-tuf-online.htmlto see the fights!

#7 ·
Yeah, that is one broken nose! holy shit, you gotta hand to the kid, he's got some heart. I can see him come back when they bring the two back into fight for one last chance.
Wheres French boy, the one with balls of steel? Show him that this is what a fighter has to go through to make it to the big leagues, not pussying out with a scratch on his face, what a weak douche.

#8 ·
Great episode. I think that was the overall best premier ever. So many good fights. My dang DVR cut off the last fight (broken nose) so I missed it. Fight night went 10 minutes into the TUF show. Im sure it will be on again. Or I will check out the link posted above. Great, great fights. I was REALLY un-impressed with last season UK vs US. Especially the US guys were garbage IMO. The guys this season are in another league above last season. Cant wait for more!

#11 ·
I really enjoyed Court Mcgee's fight. At one point he took a serious punch to the face that knocked him to the ground, but he got up proceeded to win the fight that went to sudden death. I'm not sayin' he'll win or anything, but that made him one of my favorites...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.