MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - North's Log

Thread: North's Log
View Single Post

Old 04-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
North
Amatuer

North will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enough
Thursday, April 1st, 2010
Deadlifts - 3 sets of 5 reps @ 140lbs. I tried to do Clean and Presses afterwards, but after only a few, I realized I was just utterly spent. Tried my hand at squats, full squats first, front squats second, could not do either. Maybe bad form, maybe just too tired to manage it, maybe both. I'm kind of just chalking this week up to a learning experience as far as strength training goes. I'm still doing more reading on it, still trying to sort out a routine, and so on. So hopefully I'll have that sorted for next week. About half an hour of bag work was done, which is always fun - but still not as much as I would've liked to have done. Seriously, those deadlifts just broke me today.

Diet was weird for today. Had some cereal, the usual two helpings of whey protein in milk, and had a burger and some potato wedges (homecooked, so not too, too bad?) at a friend's. I really didn't eat that much at all today, and I'm not sure what to make of that. Had a few beers, very little soda. Smoked two cigars and my pipe for a bit as well. I love smoking in good weather, and with it just starting to get nice out, I can't help but sit out and puff away all day. Hopefully as summer plays out more, I'll slow way the Hell down.

So, lifting today was exciting, as was the bagwork. Diet and forms and cardio and conditioning, all a really lame wash.
North is offline   Reply With Quote