Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

TUF Suggestions

2K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Spit206Fire 
#1 ·
The drama and isolation of the training mansion is beginning to get old, in my view. This format actually detracts from the quality of fighters that can be included in the show because the producers seem overly interested in personalities rather than skills.

My idea -- Each week, feature a mini documentary showing a film bio of the fighter, where they come from, their story, why they fight, their families, etc. along with current interviews about the upcoming fight, then finish the episode with the fight. In the bio, the TUF camera goes to the home turf of the fighter and shows us where they really come from. They could include interviews with friends and family discussing how much it means to them that the fighter is appearing on TUF with a chance to make his dream come true. This could be a cool feature.

The fighters bring their own trainers, although having UFC coaches is still a pretty good idea. They all stay in a hotel, in their own rooms, with more freedom to move around. Each week, someone is eliminated, like now.

I say this would open things up to top talent around the world. Right now, the guys on the show are amateur level, for the most part. There are fighters around the world that are several levels above these guys, yet who haven't had a pro break yet. Get these guys on the show.

Your thoughts?

Thak
:mad:

See less See more
#2 ·
The show has been good for the likes of Forrest and of course Bisping - coming from the UK he needed that mainstream exposure to boost his profile. There is nothing amateur about him. There always seem to be some guys who appear as fillers. I'm not sure if that is because of a genuine lack of skill and/or experience, or because they just lack passion for the sport and mentally don't prepare themselves.

The way they are in the house seems to be very like how a pro MMA fighter does things - they are essentially each others camps for the duration of the show. I would love to see the tasks come back though now that the Tito & Ken season is out of the way. Surely Randy will bring them back.

#4 ·
Can someone tell me how one goes about auditioning for the tuf seasons? We have a pro here in ohio that is pretty untouchable in the ring and I would love to see what he can do on the show and in the UFC. He is by far the most technical fighter I have ever been around and he fights in the light weight division. His record is an impressive 18-6 and he is on fire.

#5 ·
I am guessing that there must be details on the Spike website when auditions are open.

It airs on Bravo over here in the UK and when the auditions were being held for TUF3 we had the details on the website and also on the TV channel during commercials.

#7 ·
teampunishment.50web said:
I liked it but it got canned after just the one season.

God knows I love Stallone, buit the format was a bit schmaltzy and 'Rocky' for my liking.
umm the contendor did not get canned it switched networks.. the new season is getting ready to start.. not sure the new network I saw a commerical for it last night

#14 ·
Well, to get this back on topic.

I say that it should be just like normal but each week, the loser of the fight must go to a separate house and wrestle a bear. If the bear wins, then the fighter is out, but if the fighter wins, he guys a $20 gift certificate to baskin robins

#15 ·
maybe the UFC should invest in televising feeder tournaments (regional and/or big markets) to get a background on these guys. Maybe even bi-annual "semifinals" where the top 4 ranked contenders fight tourney style.

Or, as Shodaddy was saying, if the bear wins the elimination fight put him into the UF series.

#17 ·
I Have To Say That I Did Enjoy The Challenges To Add A Little More To The Show And Less Bickering In The House.
I Also Think That A Little Background On The Fighters Would Be Just As Good For Me.
Someone Made A Comment About Randy Does That Mean They Heard He Will Be A Coach For The Next Season Of Tuf Again?

#18 ·
Tuf

floridagirl said:
I Have To Say That I Did Enjoy The Challenges To Add A Little More To The Show And Less Bickering In The House.
I Also Think That A Little Background On The Fighters Would Be Just As Good For Me.
Someone Made A Comment About Randy Does That Mean They Heard He Will Be A Coach For The Next Season Of Tuf Again?
I watched the entire contender season last year, and really enjoyed the fighter bio's. It really added to the show. My wife has made the comment that if TUF had more about the fighters like the contender did she would watch more than just the fights. Watch this season of the contender, and see what you think. It started last night on espn. I am getting board with the whole house seen also, and Randy is going to be on the next season.

#19 ·
Thing is though, the house is where they are and what they are doing, and it makes more sense to show the reality of the situation rather than just giving us a 10 minute background check of someone every week.

It makes The Contender watchable, but TUF's format is set. They just need to bring back the challenges, not start reformatting to resemble another show.

#20 ·
Tuf Format

I liked the fight format on season three better than the first two. Maybe it was because they didn't have the challenges that took away from the house. I do not want them to change the entire format of the show at all. But I would like to know a little more background on the fighters. If there is a website or something where I can find out more about them let me know.

#21 ·
I have a feeling TUF 4 is going to be somewhat of a letdown. :thumbsdown:
Season 1 was rocking, and we need more like that. Its hard to believe that there aren’t enough people out there with skills that are a bit better then Danni (punching bag as some of you referred to him).
They need to canvas and work harder to get fighters, not wait for the fighters to come to them, or you start resorting to using average fighters who’ve already been in the UFC for TUF shows :thumbsdown:

#22 ·
cfall said:
I liked the fight format on season three better than the first two. Maybe it was because they didn't have the challenges that took away from the house. I do not want them to change the entire format of the show at all. But I would like to know a little more background on the fighters. If there is a website or something where I can find out more about them let me know.
The official site is at:

http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/

#24 ·
adminmma said:
And there needs to be 1 winner per class, NOT two. It takes away from anothers accomplishments.

They don't make the other guy the winner, they reward him for makeing it to a decision and giving it all he's got.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.