Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Oh WOW, Kurt Angle may fight Frank Shamrock?

1K views 26 replies 24 participants last post by  vandalian 
#1 ·
how do you think Kurt Angle would measure up against frank? Honestly, I think he stands a good fighting chance, kurt is huge, and has a vast olympic wrestling background, and as a despiser of WWE wrestling im kinda glad, cause i was always curious about him, what if Kurt fought this guy in UFC.

BOXING - CBS SportsLine.com

#8 ·
Angle has trained with couture before and I believe is rather versed in the submission game. If he has had boxing training I think he could very well put up one hell of a fight against frank. If he fights in EliteXC, they might just sell tickets. All prowrestling fans will be all over that plus MMA fans to see just what the dude can do.

#9 ·
SupremeTapout said:
Angle has trained with couture before and I believe is rather versed in the submission game. If he has had boxing training I think he could very well put up one hell of a fight against frank. If he fights in EliteXC, they might just sell tickets. All prowrestling fans will be all over that plus MMA fans to see just what the dude can do.

The UFC really needs to consider signing this guy, just on the simple fact that every prowrestling fan would be glued to the tv and watching his fight.

Even if they put him in against a can they would get mad tv ratings, (just lookin at it from a marketing point)

#13 ·
i think you all underrate Angle just because he's done WF. He's a champion wrestler, so almost no one will stop his take downs. Im sure he's got a bit of boxing experience, i mean why wouldnt you if your in the WF, i know its fake, but learning to box surely must help.

He wont be the best, but a bit of Muai Thai and BJJ and he could be fine.

#15 ·
Kurt Angle has said that he would have a tough time even making 205, and that a special weight division would have to be created for his fight. Shamrock fights at UFC, do you really think he'll be able to fight at OVER 205?

I don't see this fight ever happening.

#16 ·
horrible idea. no matter how much of a gold medalist he is, or how much he restpects MMA, he made his choice. he's now, and forever will be, a pro wrestler. i know he's said that if MMA was what it is now when he was starting out he'd have went into MMA, but he didn't. having him fight is a bad idea for the sport. especially Frank SHamrock who is 100% terrible for the sport. he's a terrible sportsman, he overinflates himself like a boxer/pro wrestler, and he breaks rules! it's gimmick vs. gimmick!

#17 ·
No way Angle would fight MMA. Do you realize how many neck surgeries the guys been through. Its a stretch him doing pro wrestling let alone stepping into a real fight. If he got a Kevin Randleman on Fedoresc Slam he would be a parapelegic for sure. This is all talk I guarantee he will never step into a ring, octagon, circle, or whatever crackhead shape an organization can decide to have their fighters step into.

#21 ·
e-thug said:
Definetly agree that Angle wouldn't be a great MMA fighter, however he would bring over the Leftover Pro Wrestling market to the sport which will expand the sport even further.
and bring with it people who crave moonsaults and DDT's, so that MMA promoters do whatever they can to make MMA resemble the lucrative pro wrestling masses...

no thanks...

#23 ·
Interesting article.

The fact that Frank thinks he is the Michael Jordan of MMA seems a little bit eccentric. I would say that Randy and a few other guys might be a little bit beter suited.

#24 · (Edited)
I don't know a whole lot about Kurt Angle...and I'm kinda proud of that...I know he is a wrestler...but that's only because I looked at this thread....therefore I don't care to see this happen...

That was a damn good interview though

#25 ·
His wrestling was amazing once but he hasn't used it for a long time. Hurling yourself off cages doesn't give you good conditiiong and his neck is as brittle as if it were made of lego.

As has been said many times on this forum, if he'd gone into MMA right after the Olympics he could have done very well (his wrestling was, presumably, on a whole other level from Koscheck's). But now it is too late. I just hope he doesn't end up getting paralyzed or something.

#26 ·
e-thug said:
The UFC really needs to consider signing this guy, just on the simple fact that every prowrestling fan would be glued to the tv and watching his fight.

Even if they put him in against a can they would get mad tv ratings, (just lookin at it from a marketing point)
nice point - from a marketing persepective, even if they dont want to make it a habit, its a good move. Personally I dont like the idea of pro wrestlers without MMA experimence being invited to the UFC. In this case, the guy hasnt done any real wrestling (ie in Real competivie events etc ) in many years and has no MMA experience. All logic says he would be schooled. How many Ex-olympic wrestlers are out there, 10 or 15 years removed frm the sport ?? SHould they get a shot. No.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.